10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

I found an interesting quote an essay on the Internet it to scrap this phrase is a title to an essay they wrote where it said it is time for me to be to stop being my own worst enemy time for me to break through perhaps that means modular line is not as profitable as other lines just like the boardgame division wasn't and it's time for my go to make major changes such as getting out of the modular line that's my guess

Hey Trek, at what point am I supposed to take a breath?

• Like 1

I found an interesting quote an essay on the Internet it to scrap this phrase is a title to an essay they wrote where it said it is time for me to be to stop being my own worst enemy time for me to break through perhaps that means modular line is not as profitable as other lines just like the boardgame division wasn't and it's time for my go to make major changes such as getting out of the modular line that's my guess

Based on the writing style, Trekgate is being assimilated to the emazers collective.

• Like 5

Well, at least someone is having fun...

I see two similar interpretations of this statement:

1. Straightforward hint that a big change is coming, apparently something bad for investor / reseller types.

The Town Hall is either the first sign of this change, or a central component of whatever Bad Thing shall happen. Assuming that He Who Utters Such Words has facts behind them (and good intentions) I can't imagine investing in TH to be bad for us, based on all his other related posts in the past few weeks.

So, figure out why TH retires early, and we figure out what Wickedness is next. The idea of "retiring" the whole modular series soon definitely fits the bill... but surely there are other good possibilities which someone smarter than me can bring to the table?

2. Deeper and more poetic is the concept that someone is being "manipulated".

Are we the witches (evil resellers), with our self-fulfilling prophecies (skyrocketing values), gaining the attention of the main character (Lego) who we have given so much power (money) to, merely hearing this knock (early retirement related to our actions) at the door of our hoarder's cave? Are they taking advantage of us, now, too?

Or are we simply BEING manipulated, greedily looking for more of the same (profit), not realizing we are headed for serious trouble? Who could be doing the manipulating besides Lego itself? It is clear to me they are becoming wiser and disapprove of reselling to an extent (whether this makes economic sense is another discussion entirely).

How would TH retiring early contribute to our downfall while simultaneously making us believe we are becoming stronger? Either it is not retiring at all (an idea not inline with the nature of Ed's other posts, right?), or a remake of some sort is in the works, perhaps? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, yet... 

For the super-paranoid: What if, keen on the insane rise in value of early modular sets on the secondary market, Lego realizes they can sell a BUNCH of these if only they bring them (all) out of retirement? Would that be truly "wicked" here? How does TH going away point more clearly toward such a series of events?

Pretty far fetched stuff, I know - but cryptic posts are to get people thinking (or at least enjoy watching them pretend to), so let's keep stirring the pot (cauldron) together and see what visions appear...

Well, at least someone is having fun...

I see two similar interpretations of this statement:

1. Straightforward hint that a big change is coming, apparently something bad for investor / reseller types.

The Town Hall is either the first sign of this change, or a central component of whatever Bad Thing shall happen. Assuming that He Who Utters Such Words has facts behind them (and good intentions) I can't imagine investing in TH to be bad for us, based on all his other related posts in the past few weeks.

So, figure out why TH retires early, and we figure out what Wickedness is next. The idea of "retiring" the whole modular series soon definitely fits the bill... but surely there are other good possibilities which someone smarter than me can bring to the table?

2. Deeper and more poetic is the concept that someone is being "manipulated".

Are we the witches (evil resellers), with our self-fulfilling prophecies (skyrocketing values), gaining the attention of the main character (Lego) who we have given so much power (money) to, merely hearing this knock (early retirement related to our actions) at the door of our hoarder's cave? Are they taking advantage of us, now, too?

Or are we simply BEING manipulated, greedily looking for more of the same (profit), not realizing we are headed for serious trouble? Who could be doing the manipulating besides Lego itself? It is clear to me they are becoming wiser and disapprove of reselling to an extent (whether this makes economic sense is another discussion entirely).

How would TH retiring early contribute to our downfall while simultaneously making us believe we are becoming stronger? Either it is not retiring at all (an idea not inline with the nature of Ed's other posts, right?), or a remake of some sort is in the works, perhaps? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, yet... 

For the super-paranoid: What if, keen on the insane rise in value of early modular sets on the secondary market, Lego realizes they can sell a BUNCH of these if only they bring them (all) out of retirement? Would that be truly "wicked" here? How does TH going away point more clearly toward such a series of events?

Pretty far fetched stuff, I know - but cryptic posts are to get people thinking (or at least enjoy watching them pretend to), so let's keep stirring the pot (cauldron) together and see what visions appear...

Nice post.  60% of the time, you were right 100% of the time.

At first, I was thinking Town Hall was retiring for a few reasons already stated: price point made it the slow seller of the group, too much shelf space, etc.  Then I started to think about production costs, part number reduction, etc: according to Brickset, Town hall has several "rare" bricks... part numbers used only in Town Hall, or used in only a few other sets (many of which are already retired, or who's days are numbered).  If they dropped the Town Hall, they could drop quite a few part numbers.  Looking at part numbers shared with less than 3 other sets, I found:

6000644 shared only with Arkham Asylum

6022319 shared only with Santa

• Like 6

C'mon you guys, Ed obviously meant the next modular set is either the Wicked Witch of the West's Castle or the Emerald City from Wizard of Oz movie :D :D :D

Maybe the haunted house is getting a part number changed and being repackage to be part of the modular Series and being re-released that would be wickedly