10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Maybe the Town Hall retiring had nothing to do with sales.

Maybre breaking the pattern - if there ever was one - of modulars shelf time. This could be the one with the shortest life without taking into consideration CC, GG and MS (I don't know for how long those 3 were available).

No and no. Something wicked this way comes.

2 new modulars in the new year?

Btw Ed, thanks for the heads up on the TH a few weeks back. I completed my quota last week before all this madness.

If ever you're in Ireland, the first pint of Guiness is on me.

Edited by tractorboy

No and no. Something wicked this way comes.

wicked as in negative and/or sinister?

"The carnival's leader is the mysterious "Mr. Dark" who seemingly wields the power to grant the citizenry's secret desires. In reality, Dark is a malevolent being who lures these individuals into binding themselves in servitude to him".   So we have "granting secret desires" and "binding themselves in servitude"

So in fact the questions is: Why TH and not the PS? GE is very logical.. but why TH instead of PS.. I think it has something to do with production capacity of the factory, maybe to produce a TH costs significantly more time and has a higher cost price than the PS. Think it is not correct, because it is not 'wicked'.

I doubt this is it but perhaps it is something super sinister.

Like the Detective Agency is the last Modular that there will be.

The line of modulars is ending.

It is over.

Lego makes more money as referenced on here on other sets that are not geared for the grown up and adults - small sets, Star Wars, etc.

Lego is being sinister in that fine we have played the game long enough, the modular line is over.

Lets kill several now, make room for new other non modular sets, finish out our last set the Detective Agency and move on to other things.

AFOL's have had their run.  Now it is time for us to have our run with profits on things more profitable.

I doubt that is it but I wonder.

I doubt this is it but perhaps it is something super sinister.

Like the Detective Agency is the last Modular that there will be.

The line of modulars is ending.

It is over.

Lego makes more money as referenced on here on other sets that are not geared for the grown up and adults - small sets, Star Wars, etc.

Lego is being sinister in that fine we have played the game long enough, the modular line is over.

Lets kill several now, make room for new other non modular sets, finish out our last set the Detective Agency and move on to other things.

AFOL's have had their run.  Now it is time for us to have our run with profits on things more profitable.

I doubt that is it but I wonder.

This could well be it. It wouldn't really surprise me to be honest.

Could you imagine the hype a whole new line of big AFOL orientated sets would garner? Sales of the first set in that line could be huge.

Edited by tractorboy
  • Like 1

Could you imagine the hype a whole new line of big AFOL orientated sets would garner? Sales of the first set in that line could be huge.

Hope I am wrong

Reminds me of a TF4 quote "The day of the Transformers is over."

Could it be "The day of the Modulars is over."

One more comment, if the entire modular line does is in fact on an 18 month path into Oblivion (another TF word)....

I bought quite a good amount of the TH but I could kick myself for not buying even more.

I'm in that boat...was on the fence and waiting for next Friday. I'm still not 100% sure this won't pop back up at times, and with some deliveries to US B&M retailers it is possible some up here might get a few more in stock. Now that Wal-mart and Mastermind are carrying exclusives, it at least gives us more options for it to show up. If not, no panic, plenty of other sets to diversify in!

Comfortable with the 3 i have due to their high price point and space they take up, but i ordered 1 more that morning half to just have another, and half to help it along to go OOS haha. I'll be watching it the next few days to see if any pop into stock, but unsure if i'll grab anymore.