10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

by heavy you mean like to much over?

Curse Marty McFly, yes with heavy I mean too much over. But again, depends from person to person. I'm sure plenty of people here will tell you to buy it and  you'll have a nice return from it... and they're right about the return.... No investor has (thankfully) the same principles or priorities. For investment purposes, my principle is, don't go over MSRP. If that means I'll miss out on a  great set... too bad... plenty of other great sets out there

Curse Marty McFly, yes with heavy I mean too much over. But again, depends from person to person. I'm sure plenty of people here will tell you to buy it and  you'll have a nice return from it... and they're right about the return.... No investor has (thankfully) the same principles or priorities. For investment purposes, my principle is, don't go over MSRP. If that means I'll miss out on a  great set... too bad... plenty of other great sets out there

As Neosphinx stated, it's all a matter of your taste. I for example, bought a bit over a year ago a BNIB mint 10185 for 550

Sold Out doesn't constitute retired. Exo Suits status was set to Sold Out during most of August and look what happened there.

Yes, I rewrote that post above. Right now it should read 'it is no longer available to purchase from LEGO Shop at Home EU altough it could be a temporary thing as it could always come back' instead.

• Like 2

Inside information for Dutch investors: Intertoys will have a 15% discount on the entire Lego collection next weekend or one weekend later. Hope their inventory Town Hall will last till that moment. It is the same issue with the SSD in September: Discounted for 320 euro in September, quickly sold out and then a few days later also the 15% discount.. man, what would I love to have SSD's for 272 euro back then :-)

• Like 1

Inside information for Dutch investors: Intertoys will have a 15% discount on the entire Lego collection next weekend or one weekend later. Hope their inventory Town Hall will last till that moment. It is the same issue with the SSD in September: Discounted for 320 euro in September, quickly sold out and then a few days later also the 15% discount.. man, what would I love to have SSD's for 272 euro back then :-)

Any information about intertoys.de ?

Last weekend they run a similar auction but all Lego specials Were execluded...

Any information about intertoys.de ?

Last weekend they run a similar auction but all Lego specials Were execluded...

I'm sorry Marcel.. I only know this for Holland. A friend of mine is manager at Intertoys.nl, I will see him this week and I will ask him about the precise date and also what the case is for Germany. I will let you guys know of course, so we can buy it all and start a completely overpriced TH-market with our created cartel agreement ;-)

Edited by JM123

I think this will be a 'Black Swan Event'. Highly improbable, totally unexpected and its impact will be huge.. they can be negative but as well be positive. This is a positive Black Swan and I'm all-in with such a chance, perhaps better lose some bucks than forgoing such an opportunity and regretting you didn't buy more.

Would be stupid thing of Lego to put it back to available for a long time (few days).. imagine all the returns they will get to handle. Will cost them a lot of money and effort, doesn't make sense. I think there will be some people on this forum that will need a lorry for their returns lol.