10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Where u Prince Charming or a fire breathing dragon ?

This is what I wrote...

Hello,

I recently received two LEGO 10224 Town Halls from your company. They were ordered on the same day and shipped from the Bentonville,AR location. One box arrived in perfect condition and was shipped in another box. The second LEGO set had no shipping box and was destroyed, totally crushed and taped up, with shipping stickers plastered all over it.

Under normal circumstances, I would ask for a replacement, but the set is sold out and most likely there won't be any more in stock. I would appreciate some sort of discount on the set because of the damage. The box of a LEGO set is valuable and these were for my collection. Thanks. 

This is what I wrote...

Hello,

I recently received two LEGO 10224 Town Halls from your company. They were ordered on the same day and shipped from the Bentonville,AR location. One box arrived in perfect condition and was shipped in another box. The second LEGO set had no shipping box and was destroyed, totally crushed and taped up, with shipping stickers plastered all over it.

Under normal circumstances, I would ask for a replacement, but the set is sold out and most likely there won't be any more in stock. I would appreciate some sort of discount on the set because of the damage. The box of a LEGO set is valuable and these were for my collection. Thanks. 

Hmmm nice complaint. Gonna do that also for my damaged delivery of a HH. Thanks :-)

My order of 2x TH from Walmart.com a couple weeks ago came in this week.  They shipped one from CA and one from AR.  One came in a shipping box that fit it like a glove and the set was in great condition.  Another one was shipped in a slightly larger shipping box and the set was in poor condition.  It looked like the damage was done before they even packed it up though, not during shipping.  I will keep any TH I get at this point regardless of box condition.  There's too much potential with this set for a return.

I received a TH (great condition, seals 33S4), bought with only 5% off RRP... because my sets were on back orders on LEGO Shop at Home for a long time and I didn't want to miss the boat.

"Unfortunately", bad timing, my first TH bought on LEGO Shop at Home has been shipped 2 weeks in advance the day after I ordered this one :P (my LEGO Shop at Home sets were supposed to be shipped around november 4th).

I don't know what it means, be free to take it as you want...

BTW I can have a lot of TH at RRP (no deals on this set right now in my country) and nobody pulled the trigger (I check everyday, numbers on stock do not move, but we are few investors in France and RRP is not a deal right now).

Edited by biniou

This is what I wrote...

Hello,

This is one of the reasons why I always use ship-to-store when buying LEGO from Walmart.com.

John Lewis Reading has one on the shelf and six at collection point and will match Lego's 2x VIP if you fill a very very very long form in. I asked about EOL snd they're getting more with their next order. Not taken bait yet ;-)

JL in Solihull had three boxes last week and same as of today, seems nobody is interested in them. The three boxes though were quite bashed and looked like they've been on the shelves since 1873... I didnt bother with them.

No GEs and TBs in sight there...

My experience WM Site-to-Store has always shipped box-in-a-box and usually in great condition.  Once I got 2 LOTR sets - one was great, the other was clearly damaged before it was packed. I just kept the one.  That's why I do Site-to-store always now... convenience of return (I'm in my Walmart 4 days-a-week anyway).  Anytime there's been a problem, they do NOT offer a discount. I once asked for 10% off on a completely destroyed AA box that was shipped to my home (label on the box and everything).  They said they didn't have leeway to do that... rules are they have to just take the return and ship it back to the warehouse.

I think: not a lot. Not only because this video has been posted on youtube 2 years and a half ago, and so during this time investors could have change their mind thousands of time, but because it was obvious (until this summer) for 99% of investors that the PS would retire before the TH (note that it still can :P ) because it was so logical ! (one year = a new modular comes + the oldest one retires).

I guess that's true. And absolutely right. I wish it would be january already so we had some certainty about the Town Hall. You stopped buying I think I read? How many TH you have until now and what is the initial plan for quantity?

I guess that's true. And absolutely right. I wish it would be january already so we had some certainty about the Town Hall. You stopped buying I think I read? How many TH you have until now and what is the initial plan for quantity?

My initial plan for quantity was 100 TH but eventually I realized that I only have money for 3.

(Same goes for GE and PS... maybe I shouldn't aim that high in the first place ^.^ )

• Like 6