10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Have bought them also at 135 euro. I don't think it will be much cheaper, so better safe then sorry. ToysXL already had 3 for price of 2, but the price of the TH was 179,99 and you had to find 2 other lego sets similar to that price. And they didn't had a lot of Town Halls. So then the best price would have been 120 euro's a set.

But I am happy with the 135 euro.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Time to offload a few more City sets

I've only got about 50 CITY vehicles left now, I'll give 5 away to polite trick-or-treaters next week. I've bought a job lot of bike parts at -75% which I couldn't resist which filled the loft again. I've got local interest in HHs at

Has anyone opened one and verified the contents (i.e., the number of bags)?

I built mine--but in hindsight I should have counted for future reference.

Why? The two I ordered from Wal-Mart have shipped separately (from the same warehouse even) and will mostly likely arrive without a shipping box and seals popped. I will learn my lesson... I will learn my lesson... I will learn my lesson...

Guest TabbyBoy

John Lewis Reading has one on the shelf and six at collection point and will match Lego's 2x VIP if you fill a very very very long form in. I asked about EOL snd they're getting more with their next order. Not taken bait yet ;-)

Why? The two I ordered from Wal-Mart have shipped separately (from the same warehouse even) and will mostly likely arrive without a shipping box and seals popped. I will learn my lesson... I will learn my lesson... I will learn my lesson...

I would check the Number of Sealed Bags thread. From the list in the main post, it says that the TH has 30 bags.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Interesting. How big of a chain is JLR?

Quite big and in all major UK towns and cities. Probably similar to Macy's and B&****** in the US. Also they can price match and their service is superb.

So far Target has shipped only one of my several orders placed during the most recent feeding frenzy.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

All of our orders shipped that night and all have UPS tracking. A week or so ago they ran out of stock and did not fulfill all of those previous TH orders of ours. We left that order open on backorder and they filled it this week. If they did run out of stock then keep the order open and they will fill it if they ever get any more instock. This round we missed out on the Walmart restock so ordered very quickly in the beginning when they popped in at Target.

• Like 1

My 4 target Town Halls shipped right away in one order of 4, shipped 2 boxes of 2 but I am not holding my breath that they will come in real Lego boxes.

Based on the R2's I ordered coming in it seems the extremely sloppy oversized not padded Target box with them moving around survives better than the stronger box tightly packed.  Go figure.  Should be interesting.  They will be keepers in any event.

• Like 1

If all the bags are there I would not worry. There are a ton of builders who missed this set in the USA and will pay very good money as long as the bags are sealed and accounted for. I know personally during my building days I threw down ridiculous cash for sealed bags for set 3450 with no box at all. TH is going to be an easy sell no matter the condition. Checkout this review which has photos of all the bags, baseplates, larger plates to make sure yours is complete:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67096

If all the bags are there I would not worry. There are a ton of builders who missed this set in the USA and will pay very good money as long as the bags are sealed and accounted for. I know personally during my building days I threw down ridiculous cash for sealed bags for set 3450 with no box at all. TH is going to be an easy sell no matter the condition. Checkout this review which has photos of all the bags, baseplates, larger plates to make sure yours is complete:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67096

Yeah seals don't really matter at all. About half the sets I have are damaged box wise, I still sell them for the same amounts. You just make it known and there are people that don't care about the box.

If you are gonna build it, don't need the box. 

Yeah seals don't really matter at all. About half the sets I have are damaged box wise, I still sell them for the same amounts. You just make it known and there are people that don't care about the box.

If you are gonna build it, don't need the box. 

I routinely get requests from builders asking me to discard the lego box to fit the contents in flat rate boxes to save on shipping. Works for us. Granted I do have a lot of box queens blacklisted so our percentage of builders is alot higher than most. We found the box queens cost us the majority of our time and 100% of returns but contributed less than 2% to profits so it was an easy decision to ban them. I do love getting lego shipping boxes tho as we stack our inventory to the roof and it saves on time, space and storage boxes.