10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Did you have a promo already with another order that has not been delivered yet?

Yes.. So, I think you guys experience the same thing?

Edit: Now I see, it is one per household.. so it is logical. Well, then I have to order on my girlfriend's adress

Edited by JM123

Yes.. So, I think you guys experience the same thing?

Edit: Now I see, it is one per household.. so it is logical. Well, then I have to order on my girlfriend's adress

I believe it is the issue yes. I ordered in may 2 times same day. 1 order got cancelled promo. What I do now is order to 2 different adresses OR wait until the other order is delivered.

• Like 1

I believe it is the issue yes. I ordered in may 2 times same day. 1 order got cancelled promo. What I do now is order to 2 different adresses OR wait until the other order is delivered.

About the winter promo sets, I already have 3 in my house, another at the post office, and an other still shipping (I think i'll get both of theme tomorrow, killing two birds with one stone).

Unless the 2 last are not the 1st promo but the second one (it happened to a UK member), I'll have 5 Xmas promo sets, from LEGO Shop at Home.

I'm sure there are promo bags inside boxes because the rest is still on backorder.

Just FYI

Edited by biniou

Well.. Just ordered another GE on my girlfriend's adress, and the promo is again cancelled :-( Well.. have to deal with it, I need those sets anyway and the price is good in the current market with the double VIP.

Therefore I called Lego and asked about it. They said it was one and the same person who bills it, so it doesn't matter which adress you ship too. I just need more credit cards :-P

Furthermore, the Lego employee also had some good news when I asked him about my HH backorder of Oct. 6th. He said that the last small stock was coming in and a lot of HH orders were cancelled earlier. He said that if I still don't have an cancellation e-mail that it is almost for sure that I will receive my HH backorder, he said I was lucky with that one.

Well.. you can't have it all, I rather have an extra HH instead of a few promo's.

Yep I have quite a few orders coming from Target in case numbers and I hope they ship them in the cases and then in another box. Let's hope!

At my lego store last week out of the twelve TH they received 75% of them were in rough shape direct from Lego so nothing is guaranteed. The cases were fine so Lego packed the damaged sets. 

Box condition is indicative of them not printing or repackaging, and instead just shipping out as-is. I don't think anyone is complaining about it.

1. I did not know TLC repackaged sets with damaged boxes that were returned to them. If this is true, then the seal code is not as useful as we think.

2. How does repackaging have anything to do with TH boxes ordered from Target ?

1. I did not know TLC repackaged sets with damaged boxes that were returned to them. If this is true, then the seal code is not as useful as we think.

2. How does repackaging have anything to do with TH boxes ordered from Target ?

As many smashed up Lego boxes inside pristine shipping boxes I have received from Lego, I didn't think they repackaged sets with damaged boxes either. If they do they must be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal f-in bad before they repackage them. My last Falling Water I got from them looked like it had been used as a Welcome mat at Fat Camp.

• Like 1

Yep no complaints here. And you are right the seal codes have no useful information other than telling you when the pieces were placed inside that particular box. You don't just flip on a switch to produce pieces for a set it is a little more involved and costly than that. They may pack small batches every few weeks but the actual production for the bricks that are being packed was completed a long time before that. 

• Like 1

As many smashed up Lego boxes inside pristine shipping boxes I have received from Lego, I didn't think they repackaged sets with damaged boxes either. If they do they must be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal f-in bad before they repackage them. My last Falling Water I got from them looked like it had been used as a Welcome mat at Fat Camp.

So, are you saying that Lego runs a fat camp?

Regarding boxes, I think Town Hall's box is unnecessarily large.  It feels hollow inside, and easier to squish.  That may be another reason to retire it, the box just takes too much darn space.  I like the new Parisian Restaurant box.  Perfectly sized and elegant.

Guest TabbyBoy

You guys cracked me up. If you are so sure this set is retired, why worry about the box condition ? Who would not want to buy GG or FB with damaged box for MSRP right now ?

Sell to a UK buyer and you'll get nothing but complaints about box condition.  I won't touch squished at any price unless I want to build it.