10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Anyone have a good weight on one of these? I have one from TRU that is 8 lb 7.1oz. That's a few tenths of an ounce off my others but very close. Should I be concerned?

I don't know what is "few tenth of an ounce".

But if it's more than 30 grams, I would say it depends of the seals. If seals are the same and the weight is different, I would check the lighter set.

If the seals are different, it means nothing because maybe you just have a cardboard to stiffen the instructions.

I don't know what is "few tenth of an ounce".

But if it's more than 30 grams, I would say it depends of the seals. If seals are the same and the weight is different, I would check the lighter set.

If the seals are different, it means nothing because maybe you just have a cardboard to stiffen the instructions.

It's about a small bite from a Royale with cheese.

So I guess it will be 10 grams or something
1 ounce =
28.3495231 grams

Just ordered one off LEGO EU (AUS) and went and checked the order status and it comes up as "Customer Service", does anyone know what this means or is a prelude to? I ordered a Tumbler earlier this evening in a different transaction.

Click on the order and you see that the TH is backordered, but the promo is 'customer service'. I had the same, but just got confirmation, so no big deal. It was worse if it was the other way around ;-)

• Like 1

I placed an order yesterday, xmas promo should've been shipped yesterday but had no confimration yet, it is marked as 'In Process' tho.

If you had 1 order that day, I guess it will be ok. But I already had, with multiple orders of different sets, the polybag promo was cancelled on the second 1.

If you had 1 order that day, I guess it will be ok. But I already had, with multiple orders of different sets, the polybag promo was cancelled on the second 1.

I only had one placed yesterday. Holding until shipping confirmation to place another one today.

Maybe something like "ok, now we know how many we will be able to get ! We can be more accurate with the availability !"

Correct, dancing to the tune of Silent But Almost Obvious Retirement by TLG.

Guest TabbyBoy

Plenty on the shelves in the UK still.  The Reading branch of John Lewis still has my sneaky stickers on the 3 boxes on the shelf.  If the seal codes coincide with early November, we know there's been another big run.  I'm not convinced that this is going yet.

Guest TabbyBoy

Got mine the other day from my order placed on 10/7. The seal was is 38r4 and it was crushed like a little kid sat on it.

Mine arrived looking like Adele had sat on it so it went straight back.  No fuss at all returning to John Lewis.

it really depends on what you mean by retire - like RETIRED on shop at home vs unavailable for purchase.

I think it won't be listed as RETIRED at shop at home until next year.

I do not think it will be available for purchase again this year (except for fleeting stock gobbled by bp'ers).

Everyone pretty much agrees that the SC is retired.

That set probably won't get slapped with a retired tag until next year.

Even Jabba's palace is still listed as SOLD OUT on the shop at home page and everyone can agree this isn't coming back, but still its not RETIRED.

I think the TH has shot at some spectacular returns given its unexpected departure.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3