10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

For what it's worth, I spoke to 3 different lego staff today who all looked up town hall and noted that it is listed as Retiring.  I'm glad I picked up 4 last week.

I wonder if it wasn't just listed as 'retiring soon'. I'd be very surprised if their store database had retirement info on it for shop staff to see.

If that was the case, retirement info would be common knowledge.

I wonder if it wasn't just listed as 'retiring soon'. I'd be very surprised if their store database had retirement info on it for shop staff to see.

If that was the case, retirement info would be common knowledge.

A "retiring soon" tag in the system + no stock in the database and any seller would conclude there's no more and it will not come back (which can be wrong).

TB took a little vacation from the catalogs, but is now back (in US).  I'm not sure you can read much into this sort of thing.

Got my Tower Bridge in the mail just before the weekend (ordered Oct 6). Seal code says 39R4.

Seriously guys ? "Tower Bridge" ? Aren't you mistaking with the "Town Hall" ?

• Like 1

A "retiring soon" tag in the system + no stock in the database and any seller would conclude there's no more and it will not come back (which can be wrong).

Seriously guys ? "Tower Bridge" ? Aren't you mistaking with the "Town Hall" ?

town hall, tower bridge whatever. They are all large lego boxes. Anyone wants to swap their townhall for my duplo train sets?

Yeah, I agree. I'm counting on TH getting retired soon and PS going another year. But I think we should still distinguish between Retired and Retiring Soon, if that's what's showing up on the store system, at least with regards other sets.

I'm not saying TH wont be retiring soon, I'm just saying...

Yeah, I agree. I'm counting on TH getting retired soon and PS going another year. But I think we should still distinguish between Retired and Retiring Soon, if that's what's showing up on the store system, at least with regards other sets.

I'm not saying TH wont be retiring soon, I'm just saying...

I believe TH is retiring soon as well. I have no hard proof for this. My gut feeling is enough for me. I still have to purchase at least 3 copies of this one. So I have my goal: minimum of 4 MISB. If it does not retire soon. Oh well, I have reached my goal earlier and can concentrate on other sets. Like AA.

Received my TH from Oct 8th order date, and was surprised to find the box condition absolutely terrible. It looks like it has been sit on, the whole front of the box has a major crease as if someone had sat flat on it with all their weight. Yet the outer box has no damage or evidence of this, and it was well packed with air packets.

The top corner of the box is torn open, and the seals are barely holding. I'll keep it either way as there isn't too much hope of an exchange at the moment, but this is the first time I've got such a poor box from LEGO Shop at Home. 

Seal codes look to be the most recent everyone is reporting, but they are so worn i can only just barely tell.

I believe TH is retiring soon as well. I have no hard proof for this. My gut feeling is enough for me. I still have to purchase at least 3 copies of this one. So I have my goal: minimum of 4 MISB. If it does not retire soon. Oh well, I have reached my goal earlier and can concentrate on other sets. Like AA.

Don't wait too long to grab them.

It's gone from Available Now on the 15th October to a ship date of 4th, 6th and now 11th November in less than a week. I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit Sold Out by the end of 2xVIP.

• Like 1

Don't wait too long to grab them.

It's gone from Available Now on the 15th October to a ship date of 4th, 6th and now 11th November in less than a week. I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit Sold Out by the end of 2xVIP.

Good advice. I'll be placing my order in the next 24 hours.

Received my TH from Oct 8th order date, and was surprised to find the box condition absolutely terrible. It looks like it has been sit on, the whole front of the box has a major crease as if someone had sat flat on it with all their weight. Yet the outer box has no damage or evidence of this, and it was well packed with air packets.

The top corner of the box is torn open, and the seals are barely holding. I'll keep it either way as there isn't too much hope of an exchange at the moment, but this is the first time I've got such a poor box from S@H. 

Seal codes look to be the most recent everyone is reporting, but they are so worn i can only just barely tell.

Yes, my TH from those late ship dates looked like it was sat on as well, yet the shipping box was fine.  I have heard this complaint many times over the past week.

I went to my Lego store yesterday (and had not read any of this discussion at that point) and was just shopping around to see how to take advantage of double points.  Over where modulars are kept, the plastic display only showed the Pet Shop and the sign next to it indicated that the PS & TH should be in that case.  There were no THs out on the shelves.  Confused I asked a clerk if it had retired and he told he had, but he would check the back if I was interested.  Sure I said.  He came back and reported that they had 2 in stock.  The one he brought out had some box damage and the seals were slightly lose so another clerk went back and got me the other box and it was in perfect condition.  Also, when I checked last night LEGO Shop at Home indicated that these were sold out.

To me that sounds like this sucker is gone and EOLed.  Just thought I'd report the little I knew.