10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

got my TH from LEGO Shop at Home today with seals 38R4 ... box wouldve been mint but i guess the air bags they put on top of the box caused crease marks to the TH box. something heavy must of been resting on the shipping box that caused this ... damn ... but its ok i guess ...

Exactly same thing happened with one of mine. It looked as if air packets werre pressed in quite hard into the box. Major depression in the product box. Complained via email - will see what they say

Same thing happened to me, so I am curious to hear what they say.

When I first started out, I would have been pretty upset.  Now, I'm just looking at the box and thinking, "oh well, no big deal."  I probably won't do anything about it, but it does look like the box got a little crunched.

in my opinion, alpinemaps sounds about right.

luckily, the sets in question all look like winners. thus your risk will be minimal (if any).  it's not like you're asking if you should buy HHs, THs, City Police Station, or even some Batman $50 set that will be refreshed in 2 years.

Yes, he is right. And so are you and the others. But that actually is the problem. All these sets will be probable winners. So when with a temporary lower budget you have to choose. And the choice between these is not easy. So I wanted to see which one is more imminent. I guess it is the Haunted House, then TH and then Triple E.

I have to say that group think and confirmation bias are heavy on this board. Not all sets will be winners, especially as selling competition gets greater. A true investor must do research and choose wisely. This is not an easy task. I thought the city mine was a gonner so i stacked em up. I was able to secure them at reasonable prices, but they are still on lego and tru a year later with no sign of retirement. I think this is due to it being popular but i feel i chose poorly. I ultimatly would have purchased them but not so early, lack of research on that one.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I have to say that group think and confirmation bias are heavy on this board. Not all sets will be winners, especially as selling competition gets greater. A true investor must do research and choose wisely. This is not an easy task. I thought the city mine was a gonner so i stacked em up. I was able to secure them at reasonable prices, but they are still on lego and tru a year later with no sign of retirement. I think this is due to it being popular but i feel i chose poorly. I ultimatly would have purchased them but not so early, lack of research on that one.

I also made the big mistake buying too many CITY sets at half price or less.  Even after EOL it's hard to get the money back.  The problem with CITY is that most sets is that a vast amount are made, have a long shelf life and are likely to be refreshed which devalue the ones you already have.  I've offloaded about 200 CITY vehicles at a loss before they plummet even more.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy

The only city sets I mess with are boats and trains

That's why I'm only keeping my Coast Guard Patrols, Fire Boats, Paggenger/Cargo Trains.  Road vehicles and buildings are a dead duck I think at any price.

More Town Hall less City talk please. Who cares about the dink dunks 20 bucks profit. We are talking benjamins here with the town hall. Any sighting of the whale recently? It wasn't spotted at all yesterday, was it?

Sorry, please by all means, proceed to repeat the same thing that has been said for the last 10 pages.

It's out of stock

It's in stock

It's retiring

It's not retiring

Wouldn't want to get in the way of that.

Sorry, please by all means, proceed to repeat the same thing that has been said for the last 10 pages.

It's out of stock

It's in stock

It's retiring

It's not retiring

I'd rather look at that than City sets at this point. That's why i come here.

Yesterday was the first day that TH did not appear in any major retailers site, save the tru 30 seconds,which was probably a return. Lets see if the pattern holds today.

• Like 2

With very few exceptions I agree.

I would add airplanes in there as well.

More Town Hall less City talk please. Who cares about the dink dunks 20 bucks profit. We are talking benjamins here with the town hall. Any sighting of the whale recently? It wasn't spotted at all yesterday, was it?

Please let the moderators moderate.  This isn't really directed at you but more of a general statement.  While I agree that threads can get off topic, let us deal with it.  A few posts here and there are no big deal.  If it gets excessive, we will clean it up.

It's out of stock

It's in stock

It's retiring

It's not retiring

Well, it is the Town Hall thread, this is about all there is to talk about it until we start talking about it in the "sell" thread when we're rolling in it.  I agree the conversation is getting played out, but it is what it is with every set at this point in its life.

About TH in the french lego catalog:

The Town Hall does not appear as a listed item. It makes an appearance in the bottom left corner (see picture), inside the Parsian restaurant's case, along with the Palace cinema and the Parisian restaurant. This small image is the one we can find behind the Parisian R box.

'>

Edited by biniou

For what it's worth, I spoke to 3 different lego staff today who all looked up town hall and noted that it is listed as Retiring.  I'm glad I picked up 4 last week.

Is this more credible than the usual Lego employee babbling that people post on here? Sounds like it, since they're supposedly just reciting what the system is telling them.

In any case, I'm glad I was able to grab a TH for my collection earlier this month after the feeding frenzy began.