10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Sounds like you and I are "Going Big" for a Big Win or We shall go down with the Town Hall in flames.

TownHallFire.jpg

I'll be right there with you, buying them whenever I see them.

But, worst-case scenario we have a headstart on a nice stockpile of a great modular set that you can always sell whenever they go OOS for over MSRP.

I am really getting crazy here. What should I buy? 10228 HH? 10224 TH? My original plan was to stockpils the 10241 Maersk Triple E. Should I put that on hold? R2-D2 also seems to slowly vanish. My goal was to have at least 4 of each. I have 4 HH's but still am not satisfied. I have only one TH and two Triple E's.

This game is getting really confusing!

As best you can, you stick to your game plan.  You allow for the occasional small changes, but when you scatter all over, you expose yourself to greater risk.

I am really getting crazy here. What should I buy? 10228 HH? 10224 TH? My original plan was to stockpils the 10241 Maersk Triple E. Should I put that on hold? R2-D2 also seems to slowly vanish. My goal was to have at least 4 of each. I have 4 HH's but still am not satisfied. I have only one TH and two Triple E's.

my suggestion is to never ask what to buy because you'll get countless opinions.  (i know, easier said than done. trust me, i know)

instead, go with your gut feeling AFTER

• identifying your goal.  what is it that you want?  make a profit ASAP?  long-term hold? etc...
  • looking at the data you already have for the sets in question.
  • knowing what your bankroll is
  • seeing if you have enough storage space
  • thinking if it will drive you nuts if a set doesn't retire this year. 
  • guessing which sets will be around next year so you can buy the "going away" ones this yr.

As best you can, you stick to your game plan.  You allow for the occasional small changes, but when you scatter all over, you expose yourself to greater risk.

in my opinion, alpinemaps sounds about right.

luckily, the sets in question all look like winners. thus your risk will be minimal (if any).  it's not like you're asking if you should buy HHs, THs, City Police Station, or even some Batman $50 set that will be refreshed in 2 years.

• Like 1

How can R2 be gone from Colli so fast? Did you use all your life savings?

I will definately go on a seek & destroy mission this weekend to try and find one of these three!

15% off is marvelous!

Eh wasn't me :-| I have 6 of them but they priced it at 145 with 20% off (SW promo) so it was 116. Thing flew out the windows!

No clue about the R2D2, except that I'm sure it will perform very well when EOL (great seller on amazon), which can happen in two months or in 5 years (I would bet on october 2015).

R2 has been sold out from major retailers in Belgium. Of course it means nothing, but I have an itchy feeling (can be the woolen sweater I'm wearing too of course)

I am in the same boat my friend. Except the HH, of which i have 6. R2d2, 3E, TB or more GEs and PSs...or THs first before they disappear?

If the seals look untouched, I wouldn't worry about those weight differences.  Once upon a time, I parted out some larger sets, and found the occasional extra sticker sheet or other minor addition.  Very minor weight variations, especially to the upside, don't concern me much.  Also, TH isn't like, say, a SH set, where the minifigures are a huge part of the value and commonly parted out for individual sale.

If the seals look untouched, I wouldn't worry about those weight differences.  Once upon a time, I parted out some larger sets, and found the occasional extra sticker sheet or other minor addition.  Very minor weight variations, especially to the upside, don't concern me much.  Also, TH isn't like, say, a SH set, where the minifigures are a huge part of the value and commonly parted out for individual sale.

The seals do look untouched =)

I got my TH from Lego w/seal code 38r4 and target is 25r4. Should I be worried if the weights are different? The ones from Lego all weigh 8.79lbs and target weighs 8.73 to8.75. I checked the weight on brickpicker and it shows 8.43.

Man, you really know your sets' weight to the gram. Could there be dust on the box to make the weight vary ?

got my TH from LEGO Shop at Home today with seals 38R4 ... box wouldve been mint but i guess the air bags they put on top of the box caused crease marks to the TH box. something heavy must of been resting on the shipping box that caused this ... damn ... but its ok i guess ...

got my TH from LEGO Shop at Home today with seals 38R4 ... box wouldve been mint but i guess the air bags they put on top of the box caused crease marks to the TH box. something heavy must of been resting on the shipping box that caused this ... damn ... but its ok i guess ...

Exactly same thing happened with one of mine. It looked as if air packets werre pressed in quite hard into the box. Major depression in the product box. Complained via email - will see what they say

I got my TH from Lego w/seal code 38r4 and target is 25r4. Should I be worried if the weights are different? The ones from Lego all weigh 8.79lbs and target weighs 8.73 to8.75. I checked the weight on brickpicker and it shows 8.43.

I'm obviously a newbie as this is my first post, but with my experience; I've noticed multiple differences in weight on heavier types boxes.  With that being said, I've never had anyone complain they got a bum box so I wouldn't be to worried.  Just gotta inspect those seals as with any purchase anywhere.

Exactly same thing happened with one of mine. It looked as if air packets werre pressed in quite hard into the box. Major depression in the product box. Complained via email - will see what they say

Personally, I wouldn't suggest complaining to shop@home about box condition unless it looked like it was thrown across Route 66. It might be a tell tale sign of a reseller even if the rep buys the story about it being a present. After everything is said and done, it's "just a box"

Anyone noticed the modular pages on the latest lego catalog. It has four blocks across the top, one for PS, PC and PR, but the fourth one, where Town Hall should have been there are wonky announcements, modulars can be connected side by side! Check out the Sea Bard on the back page of the catalog! It looks like a last minute filler, the editor struggling to come up with something. I think if town hall were to retire, it was a fairly recent decison, could be last minute. Those two pages just look completely off to me.

It's interesting (I think I say that everyday now, lol).

0.05lbs is light, for me it can't be an extra cardboard. It's either some more bricks, or another sticker sheet, or some more pages inside the instructions.

But what disturbs me is: if they changed something inside the instructions (let's say so more pages, trivia, languages, etc.), why do such a thing if the set is going to retire ? Why bother to change recently the packaging of a 2012 set ?

Anyway, I don't think you have to worry about this set's weight, because it's (a little) heavier. :)

Edited by biniou