10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

I'd rather speculate and not tip them off to anything (as many LEGO employees in Denmark are reading this).  My 2 cents...

Dearest Lego Denmark Employee:

I hope this post found you well.  We just want to let you know that all the purchases revolving around the Town Hall in the last week do not reflect the true demand for this set.  The set still sucks, so please retire it.

Yours Truly,

MLNCS

A Lego fan first (and a Lego investor second)

Edited by mlncs
  • Like 4

Or...

"Dear Lego,

As a neurotic, truly obsessed collector, I only want to own a Lego set like, hypothetically, a Town Hall, if I can be assured that it is a 'first edition'.  Please tell me how I can determine this from the seal codes.

Sincerely,

Not An Investor"

• Like 2

Or...

"Dear Lego,

As a neurotic, truly obsessed collector, I only want to own a Lego set like, hypothetically, a Town Hall, if I can be assured that it is a 'first edition'.  Please tell me how I can determine this from the seal codes.

Sincerely,

Not An Investor"

GhostDad I like your post and glad you have volunteered to be the one to call LEGO Shop at Home

i am afraid we don't have enough historic data to know if "skipped runs" ever happened before

It may be interesting to add a "known seals codes" section in the Price guide... there's some space under the "brickfolio inventory" line...

It means that last run was at least two weeks long.

Are we really sure of that ?

Can't a run begin on wednesday (week 38), and stop on tuesday (week 39) ?

Or, to take to the extreme, on saturday (week 38) and stop on monday (week 39) ? So it would be 2 days, instead of 2 weeks...

I think the production runs can begin whenever in a week. It does make so much sense to me, considering we're talking about big factories.

Employees simply put the "seals of the week" on sets when everything's done. But I agree that there's certainly some kind of a schedule like "ok, this week we'll produce more TH !"

I though the 39 refers to the week of the year, and R4 is 2014, no?

R = Ci

That would be great.  If only it were that simple!

In the interim I shall continue to stockpile the Town Hall

six more days to go! wait and see!!! ;-)

and if I need to buy out every single one of these mother lovers on my own!!!

(okay I guess they won't sell them all to me for the 10$ that I've got in my pockets ^^ )

six more days to go! wait and see!!! ;-)

and if I need to buy out every single one of these mother lovers on my own!!!

(okay I guess they won't sell them all to me for the 10$ that I've got in my pockets ^^ )

Sounds like you and I are "Going Big" for a Big Win or We shall go down with the Town Hall in flames.

I am really getting crazy here. What should I buy? 10228 HH? 10224 TH? My original plan was to stockpils the 10241 Maersk Triple E. Should I put that on hold? R2-D2 also seems to slowly vanish. My goal was to have at least 4 of each. I have 4 HH's but still am not satisfied. I have only one TH and two Triple E's.

This game is getting really confusing!

Buy.... all :)

First Haunted House, R2D2 (gone from collishop) then Town Hall (collishop stock is still adequate)

Oh yeah, collishop is giving 15% on all so town hall 159*0.85 = 135.15

Edited by Neosphinx

I am really getting crazy here. What should I buy? 10228 HH? 10224 TH? My original plan was to stockpils the 10241 Maersk Triple E. Should I put that on hold? R2-D2 also seems to slowly vanish. My goal was to have at least 4 of each. I have 4 HH's but still am not satisfied. I have only one TH and two Triple E's.

Good luck to find some HH at MSRP. It's selling for 270

Buy.... all :)

First Haunted House, R2D2 (gone from collishop) then Town Hall (collishop stock is still adequate)

Oh yeah, collishop is giving 15% on all so town hall 159*0.85 = 135.15