10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Isn't this troubling, Sherlock?

If this is intended to be sarcastic, the person you are slighting is one of the most knowledgable and prolific members of this forum. I would spend less time making comments like this, and more time reading his posts to learn the game properly.

If done in a spirit of fun, accept an advanced apology.

If this is intended to be sarcastic, the person you are slighting is one of the most knowledgable and prolific members of this forum. I would spend less time making comments like this, and more time reading his posts to learn the game properly.

It was just in jest, and I actually meant what I asked.   It is troubling if the label shows 39 because that means Lego went to factory and conjured up a new batch to fill the orders.  May or may not be an indication of EOL, but that means Lego did not stop production, and kept on producing.

Then again, when I learned that you can be awarded the Troll badge, I figured I could try to earn it.  I think Watson rather than Sherlock might have gotten me closer to the Troll badge.

• Like 1

It was just in jest, and I actually meant what I asked.   It is troubling if the label shows 39 because that means Lego went to factory and conjured up a new batch to fill the orders.  May or may not be an indication of EOL, but that means Lego did not stop production, and kept on producing.

Then again, when I learned that you can be awarded the Troll badge, I figured I could try to earn it.  I think Watson rather than Sherlock might have gotten me closer to the Troll badge.

And yes, everybody knows No More Monkeys is a legend around here.  Me no worthy...

Just double-checked. Definitely 39. Is that odd? (It's only one week off from 38R4...I don't know enough about the seal codes to know if that makes a big difference.

It means that last run was at least two weeks long. But without knowing for sure the size of runs, it does not tell us much. Spring ssd run in USA was also two weeks. They barely had enough to cover backorders. It's just if there was 39R4, then where are they?

I got mine today from LEGO, they were 39R4 as well.  Again, no one really knows what these codes mean, but sure they could have produced a few hundred extra to cover orders.   Mine were ordered during those Backorded times, so they may have let it run for a while, said they will fill another X amount and that is it.

I just post a lot - I am sure there are several moderators here who would disagree with you

It means that last run was at least two weeks long. But without knowing for sure the size of runs, it does not tell us much. Spring ssd run in USA was also two weeks. They barely had enough to cover backorders. It's just if there was 39R4, then where are they?

Gotcha. Thanks for the follow-up!

I got mine today from LEGO, they were 39R4 as well.  Again, no one really knows what these codes mean, but sure they could have produced a few hundred extra to cover orders.   Mine were ordered during those Backorded times, so they may have let it run for a while, said they will fill another X amount and that is it.

I though the 39 refers to the week of the year, and R4 is 2014, no?

I though the 39 refers to the week of the year, and R4 is 2014, no?

Until someone from Lego tells us what it really means, it's only conjecture. However, some of us suspect that the first two digits refer to the week of the year, the letter refers to the factory that produced it, and the last digit the year.

We only have anecdotal evidence to back this up. No one has ever seen a number higher than the current week or the current year.

At the very least, this is a quality control measure for any potential issues that most arise for a run. You generally see a grouping of similar codes at the same time. And occasionally you will see "really old" codes that might indicate stick that was found in the back of a warehouse.

I got mine today from LEGO, they were 39R4 as well. Again, no one really knows what these codes mean, but sure they could have produced a few hundred extra to cover orders. Mine were ordered during those Backorded times, so they may have let it run for a while, said they will fill another X amount and that is it.

But if I am smoking my tea leaves correctly, the run on TH by us happened just _after_ those runs (or during). Well, I guess a run could still last 5-7 days, but span two weeks. Nobody forces them to start a run on monday...

My point is - they did not know at the time that there is going to be a shortage. If this was such a slow seller, why bother with 38-39 R4 run?

Edited by No More Monkeys

Yeah, couldn't theoretically they start a run on a Thursday, produce what they can Thur/Fri, go have a nice weekend downing tequila or what not depending on what factory then fire it back up on Monday.  The Thur/Fri would be 38R4s and then on Monday they start popping out 39R4s....

The codes tell you nothing about future retirement dates. Both the HH and TH had late runs. So? Could be the last. Could be more made. They both could have been planned and the sets sold weeks ago were based on these last runs. That's it. Either they are retired or not.

Here is an idea I would like to suggest.

If someone has not overloaded shop at home in their order history perhaps someone could call shop at home and ask them.

State that you love Lego's, build them, collect them and you have always wondered what the code means and as best you can guess it is week and year.

Seriously I think someone should volunteer to call, ask and report back.

I have asked shop at home so many strange questions on stock levels lately I need to take a break otherwise I would call.

Any volunteer?

If someone has not overloaded shop at home in their order history perhaps someone could call shop at home and ask them.

State that you love Lego's, build them, collect them and you have always wondered what the code means and as best you can guess it is week and year.

I have asked shop at home so many strange questions on stock levels lately I need to take a break otherwise I would call.

Any volunteer?

I'd rather speculate and not tip them off to anything (as many LEGO employees in Denmark are reading this).  My 2 cents...

• Like 1

Any volunteer?

I thought someone said they did that in the other thread.

Either way, it doesn't matter.  I think our assumptions are correct, since we have seen a code that would correspond to a future date, but it still doesn't tell us anything about the future runs.

I thought someone said they did that in the other thread.

Either way, it doesn't matter.  I think our assumptions are correct, since we have seen a code that would correspond to a future date, but it still doesn't tell us anything about the future runs.

I did months ago that is how we found out the letter represented the factory. If I recall properly others had hypothesized that was what the letter stood for.