10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

My Town Hall order placed on 10/9/2014 just got cancelled. the free promo has been shipped out but the Town Hall got cancelled so it doesn't look like they are still producing these for the US market. Does anybody else get their Town Hall order cancelled recently?

JFC I need my items to sell! I refuse to miss this boat

Backorder cancellations I would interpret as 'no more of this for awhile'.  Awhile might mean 30 days, or forever.  I've never seen a LEGO Shop at Home message that said 'backordered, will ship in a time longer than 30 days', so it may be that LEGO Shop at Home always cancels backorders if no more stock is expected in the next 30 days.  That doesn't necessarily mean no more stock is expected, ever.

My Town Hall order placed on 10/9/2014 just got cancelled. the free promo has been shipped out but the Town Hall got cancelled so it doesn't look like they are still producing these for the US market. Does anybody else get their Town Hall  order cancelled recently?

I think there were at least two people reporting cancellations yesterday on this forum in the US, and i think bold(or exciter?) mentioned 3 or so users from another non-BP forum reporting cancellations of TH in US

I was going to push the button on this thinking if you buy one module you buy them all, but watching they offical Lego video, I nearly fell asleep. If my architect was pitching my house to me in this way, I wouldn't be living in my home now. Suffice to say i'm not enamoured and can't see me getting one anytime soon. I did love the pet shop though. I pleasure to watch the various online videos on that. a real credit on that one.

Backorder cancellations I would interpret as 'no more of this for awhile'.  Awhile might mean 30 days, or forever.  I've never seen a LEGO Shop at Home message that said 'backordered, will ship in a time longer than 30 days', so it may be that LEGO Shop at Home always cancels backorders if no more stock is expected in the next 30 days.  That doesn't necessarily mean no more stock is expected, ever.

I think some folks got their RIs filled in the beginning of october for orders placed on August 1st, if i am not mistaken. Also, SSD orders in spring got filled more than 30 days from order placement.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/10520-21110-research-institute-eol-and-other-topics/page-64#entry325165. ChristopherJB, no less, but he got filled on September 2nd.

Given that the span between runs of big sets is usually about 10-12 weeks, I could see them cancelling orders if they decide to skip next run. If they know that there is next run, i don't see why they would bother cancelling. but i am afraid we don't have enough historic data to know if "skipped runs" ever happened before and whether or not mass-cancelled products ever made it back to orderable (besides Architecture Studio).

maybe be old-timers remember though...

Edited by No More Monkeys

I just got a response from Walmart on the 2nd order of Town Halls that has not shipped.

They said that there is no stock and it will cancel in the timing mentioned if more does not come in.

Of course they filled orders after mine I think which if true makes their fulfillment a complete mess which makes sense.

Re cancelled orders : Like I said , it is something to keep any eye on . Only reason why many dont believe this set is done is because they are going my "normal" lifespan. If this was the 10188 we would have buried it long time ago.

Not saying for sure that it is done, but there are too many signs -like NMM would say- to ignore.

Re cancelled orders : Like I said , it is something to keep any eye on . Only reason why many dont believe this set is done is because they are going my "normal" lifespan. If this was the 10188 we would have buried it long time ago.

Not saying for sure that it is done, but there are too many signs -like NMM would say- to ignore.

In your personal experience (or someone you know)  - did you ever have orders cancelled at LEGO Shop at Home with the product to be made available later on? WVC is special case due to seasonal nature of it

I went back and checked, the guy yesterday claimed he ordered on the 9th and got cancelled yesterday, so in five days they knew they wouldn't have any for an extended period of time, or indefinitely.  I would think if there was the possibility of getting more in, they would let that thing stay back ordered for a while, but I'm just guessing.

In your personal experience (or someone you know) - did you ever have orders cancelled at S@H with the product to be made available later on? WVC is special case due to seasonal nature of it

BZ and VH aside , I can't think of anything . My last order to be canceled prior to the HH was a skiff order on May the 4th. It never came back .

Pair from Target arrived today 37R2. 

Double boxed, lego carton inside target box. Thanks Target!  :imsohappy:

Mine from Target showed up today as well.  13R2.  Ordered a single and it came in a giant box with 40 air pillows. I counted.  Box however was in excellent shape for all the room it had to move around.

got super lucky today at westfarms mall in ct -

on a hunch called this am, asked if they had any TH and/or Tumblers.

yes and yes.

not just one, right?

no, several.

booked it down from western mass and got there around 3pm - it was DEAD in the mall and the lego store was also quiet.

the usual know it all remember every customer manager dude was not there.

instead I had this nice sarcastic jeanine garofalo type of manager who wanted to sell some lego since no one else was buying anything.

i mumbled something about having to buy my nephews and godson xmas gifts.

yeah - right.  these are gifts...

walked out with 3 perfect mint TH's, all 38R4.  Ths were in back - none on the sales floor.

also let me buy 2 mint Tumblers.

everything was double VIP and gave me 5 holiday promos.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

The west coast B&M stores continue to receive these- most are currently getting two per shipment/per week.

We know they are shipping RI's to B&M's to avoid investor stockpiling; a strategy they deem more fair.

Wondering if these small, though continuous shipments are falling under that category...