10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

I remember a post that said Lego intended to reduce box footprints for all sets by 2015.  Is it possible they might re-issue TH and PS with smaller boxes and updated box art (so it doesn't include older/retired modulars)?  Still hard to imagine they would retire both GE and TH (and possibly PS?) without even an official announcement of the new 2015 modular.

• Like 1

I remember a post that said Lego intended to reduce box footprints for all sets by 2015.  Is it possible they might re-issue TH and PS with smaller boxes and updated box art (so it doesn't include older/retired modulars)?  Still hard to imagine they would retire both GE and TH (and possibly PS?) without even an official announcement of the new 2015 modular.

Very interesting observation. Unlikely they would reissue them tho imo.

Very interesting observation. Unlikely they would reissue them tho imo.

As one in the printing & fulfillment industry I agree entirely.  A part gets its box and its in that box for life with that art for life.  They don't revise the packaging and then it goes EOL.  A set near end of lifecycle or at best in middle of lifecycle would not receive that much energy attention and focus from Lego.

I'd bet my car keys that Lego won't reissue any of the modulars.

Why artificially limit your buyer pool? A new modular will attract all modular buyers. A re-issue will only attract investors and those that missed it the first time (I'm making an educated guess that the vast majority of modular owners would not purchase another copy if it was reissued).

Since the factories are pretty much automated I'm also assuming that the Cost to produce a Fire Brigade (for example) is basically the same as to produce the future Detective Agency/Bureau.

Just to give folks more info. I have been buying a stream of different exclusives every 7 days from Amazon. Based on the tape codes i would say that they use a lifo inventory system as i am now recwiving sets that were made in the last quarter of 2013, after tracking through mid to early 2014 tape codes. These are exclusives that have been discussed and are close to expected eol time frame. Just more info to debate.

• Like 1

Ok, so I have been what you might call a lurker for a few months now.  I have been at this for about a year.  Just received 2 TH from Target, that I was able to get during a brief appearance online last week.  Thought it was interesting that the seal codes were 13R2. 

I didn't believe it, and voted like that. I didn't have a TH myself yet (planned on it for next year), but bought one after the initial spurt of speculation here, and especially comments from you know who, just to be sure. I now get more comfortable with that decision almost every day, post by post. Interesting times. If this continues like it does right now, a thanks is certainly in order.

Edited by 10230

When you check LEGO Shop at Home, and search for creator sets, the GE and the TH are not listed anymore with the others modulars. I didn't realized that before today so I can't tell when it happened (today ? or 10 months ago ?).

They still are in the "creator" section (Lego > Themes > Creator > ...), but the website's browser just can't find them.

They only appear with the "Hard to find" and "Exclusive" sets, along with the others modulars and Tower of O., Ewok village, Tumbler, etc.

affich10.jpg

(the pet shop is OoS up to October 30th but still appears in the creator sets listing with the other modulars)

Edited by biniou
  • Like 2

When you check LEGO Shop at Home, and search for creator sets, the GE and the TH are not listed anymore with the others modulars. I didn't realized that before today so I can't tell when it happened (today ? or 10 months ago ?).

They still are in the "creator" section (Lego > Themes > Creator > ...), but the website's browser just can't find them.

They only appear with the "Hard to find" and "Exclusive" sets, along with the others modulars and Tower of O., Ewok village, Tumbler, etc.

affich10.jpg

(the pet shop is OoS up to October 30th but still appears in the creator sets listing with the other modulars)

Excellent point biniou

US LEGO Shop at Home is the same.

The Sopwith Camel also is missing from the themes but still present under Creator on the site.

Looks like a triple slam dunk retirement. :)

• Like 1

And to say I haven't bought any extra TH's yet ;)

Every day more arguments in the favor of TH retiring. 

But keeping in mind the size of the DS box, they should probably retire this too if they really have the plans of reducing their ecologic footprint. That is about the biggest box they have. 

And to say I haven't bought any extra TH's yet ;)

Every day more arguments in the favor of TH retiring. 

But keeping in mind the size of the DS box, they should probably retire this too if they really have the plans of reducing their ecologic footprint. That is about the biggest box they have. 

Yeah but there isn't a massive trio of Town Hall movies slated to be coming out over the next few years that will drive sales through the roof.   At least I hope not, sounds like some crap trilogy that might be in the works.  Town Hall, starring Sarah Jessica Parker as the bride, coming Jan 2016!  

Could it be that this is just because they are in 'sold out' status, and they would reappear there if that would change?

I certainly hope that you are referring to me.  I like being an E-thug with the power to ban people.  

I don't know if you were the first one to stir it up regarding the TH or if it was me. In any case, there seems to be something coming straight at the real numbskull's mouth faster by the minute.

Thanks for the kind updates/theories guys. After reading all this I know what my next purchase will be.

Just imagine this all pans out and TH retires soonest. If then you have some in your stash I believe it will do much better than the Fire Brigade and bring in some serious profits. Even if it does not happen, This one was next on my "to buy modular list" anyhow. I have one build and one MISB. Goal is a minimum of MISB's.

I didn't believe it, and voted like that. I didn't have a TH myself yet (planned on it for next year), but bought one after the initial spurt of speculation here, and especially comments from you know who, just to be sure. I now get more comfortable with that decision almost every day, post by post. Interesting times. If this continues like it does right now, a thanks is certainly in order.

Let me double that thanks. TH was later in my investment plan (I had one that I plan to open) but after checking this forum enough and reading (er, guessing) the tea leaves at LEGO Shop at Home, I decided to try to get more, and managed to get two extras. If it does come back, I did nothing worse than stretch my budget a bit more than I wanted to, but if it is really on the way out suddenly then it seems like a home run.