10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

The same dance SSD is doing over in Europe right now. Recent seal codes, imminent retirement. TH is doing the dance, just hard for many to believe it can/will happen.

I just want to speculate what will happen if this is indeed an early exit'er.  Well, besides the crying, the whining, the laughing, the cussing, the bleeping, the snoring, the hazing, the tazing, and the arm waving.  :jester:

Although, this is certainly a new development.

Town Hall order cancelled at S@H

Posted this morning on Brickset

Post - "Town Hall may very well be done. My S@H order has been cancelled. Oh well, at least I got a free Holiday set out of the deal which already shipped."

Question - "^What was the reason for the cancellation?"

Answer - ""The demand for the item(s) listed below has exceeded our expectations and the item(s) are no longer available. We regret to inform you that the order for these item(s) has been cancelled from your order"
I have never ordered the Town Hall from any place, so it is not an issue where they think I've surpassed a limit.

Next post - "Yep, I just got the same email cancelling the Town Hall I bought on October 8th. Same reason - demand exceeds supply. This is the same email Lego sends out when an item retires and they need to cancel orders after running out of stock."

First poster again - "I think the backorder date was the 20th when I ordered. I ordered it during a small window when it reappeared on S@H."

Another canceled order - "Well, I haven't received the message from Lego yet, but it appears my TH order from the 8th has also been cancelled. When I checked online, the status of my order was "Customer Service", but the status indicator beside the TH line item itself is "Cancelled"
Oh Well... The TH is my least favorite modular anyways and I still got a free xmas promo out of it. I'll sleep alright tonight."

• Like 4