10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

All this leads me to believe is that there are way way more Brickpickers attempting to invest and resell than anyone has any idea of(they aren't posting) if sets are getting cleaned out of retail stores within a day of Shop at Home simply becuase they are temporarily Sold out or Out of stock, unbelievable.

I believe this set was cleaned out  in major retailers long before all the hub bub started on the site and people noticed this set.  LEGO stores are always the last major source to buy a retiring set, besides the sporadic online opportunities.  A couple of hundred Town Halls scattered across the country in various LEGO stores pales in comparison to the potential inventory of LEGO S@H, Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc...

Anyone buying from LEGO Shop at Home?

I can't even get the motivation for a 90 day return on this one. The idea that TLG is retiring this set ahead of schedule is just too far out there for me. Good luck to the rest of you tho I hope you make a killing. Now if a certain sand green house becomes available sign me up :)

• Like 1

I seriously doubt the rumors posted on BP alone is making this set sold-out..

THIS is interesting. How BP rumors does influe the investors ? I have no clue (visits can be from members, checking topics many times, or maybe not).

BTW I completely agree with the guy (sorry I don't remember the nickname) who said that the TH didn't sell well just because it was more expensive compared to the others. I can completely imagine a guy thinking in 2011 "Ok, I buy the GE this Xmas", then next year "Oh! A town Hall ! But it's expensive, let's buy the pet shop this Xmas", then in 2013 "A palace cinema ! Cool ! I'll take the TH later for Xmas, still no deal on this." etc.

In the end, the guy never bought the TH...

I can't even get the motivation for a 90 day return on this one. The idea that TLG is retiring this set ahead of schedule is just too far out there for me. Good luck to the rest of you tho I hope you make a killing. Now if a certain sand green house becomes available sign me up :)

Unless TLC totally floods the market with 38R4 run (though it is hard to imagine them making TH run larger than HH run, and we all know how scarce most recent run of HH is), then there is upside of possible flipping for TH in near term, so the risk is somewhat low. 

Unless TLC totally floods the market with 38R4 run (though it is hard to imagine them making TH run larger than HH run, and we all know how scarce most recent run of HH is), then there is upside of possible flipping for TH in near term, so the risk is somewhat low. 

Has most recent HH run even had time to make it from Denmark into all the retailers?

Agree, very low risk right now.  Picked up 3 after they had sold out locally and flipped 2 of them at $275 each.  With double point and promo only $172 cost.  So even if not fully done its like GE was where you can build up some and move some at the same time