10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

I noticed the ridicule of me has stopped. Enjoy your crow. I heard it is good with wasabi

You are setting yourself up with this statement .. Just because WM had maybe 5 doesn't mean anything either way. amazon stock was never gone to begin, and s@h went to b/o.

Not saying that it won't come back but you are making a bold statement given today's events

You are setting yourself up with this statement .. Just because WM had maybe 5 doesn't mean anything either way. amazon stock was never gone to begin, and LEGO Shop at Home went to b/o.

Not saying that it won't come back but you are making a bold statement given today's events

Dude is just up to his regular mischief,

I played the game with zeal on SSD, GE, and HH.  Sitting this one out, enjoy people.

Play the "panic buy near EOL game" with TH next year (or the year after). All this panic simply because the limit was 2? Good time to buy from SAH, no doubt, but I highly doubt this is going away in 2014.

Edited by minicoopers11

When you check your order status at LEGO Shop at Home make sure you click on it and read the order details before you get too happy. It will say in process but that is for the Promo the TH is Backordered and looks errely like the HH did.

Hopefully we all get them.

Ok just in case, I was being sarcastic.

The fact that the set came back now doesn't mean it will be available for the long term. Or that it will retire soon either...

Sorry FC!  Your sarcasm runs at ninja stealth level.  Impressed.

I've seen that coming though so I guess I can see ninjas now which is cool

This thread is crazy, it affirms to me two things.  Most people in this game have absolutely no plan, and that secondly many people will inevitably loose money than make money.  This affirms to me that if one has a well thought out plan, invests what they actually have to INVEST, not the food or rent money and are patient you will be justly rewarded.  I had none of this set at the beginning of the year and decided that I wanted exposure to almost every exclusive (barring the newest ones of course) so i added 10, with a plan to get more in 2015 taking me up to 20.  If Lego changes the game on me and retires this in 2014 with no additional opportunities to buy then so be it.  I am at 13 or 14 PS and have the same strategy.  The one I think I will break my 2014 no investment decision on is the TB.  I am a few shy of my goal and may round that out.  I would rather put money there than on more TH.  The upside to the TB is pretty fantastic.  I built the TH and it is awesome in design and build, I do hope they retire it this year, that would be great.  The big hole in my exclusives plan is the Maersk Ship.  Being banned has cost me on that one and I am rectifying that as we speak.

• Like 3

This thread is crazy, it affirms to me two things.  Most people in this game have absolutely no plan, and that secondly many people will inevitably loose money than make money. 

I could not agree more. Floundering around and reacting to rumors is just bad business all the way around (unless you are collecting the affiliate revenue of course). Santa's Workshop is now limit 1 and out of stock so I believe that meets the BP criteria for retirement this year does it not?

I think alot of people missed the boat on this years retiring sets and are now grasping at straws.

I could not agree more. Floundering around and reacting to rumors is just bad business all the way around (unless you are collecting the affiliate revenue of course). Santa's Workshop is now limit 1 and out of stock so I believe that meets the BP criteria for retirement this year does it not?

I think alot of people missed the boat on this years retiring sets and are now grasping at straws.

It is entertaining never the less
  • Like 1

I could not agree more. Floundering around and reacting to rumors is just bad business all the way around.

This is true.  LEGO seems to have made a planned massive EOL attack on resellers.  LOL

To be fair this is an unusually high number of exclusives that have effectively retired or are flirting with retirement this year.  We're talking about five this year (SSD, Haunted House, Sopwith, GE, and TH) when there were only two last year (B-Wing and Fire Brigade).  Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by zskid00