10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

SSD and TH can't really be compared in terms of EOL predictability. Going by the normal Star Wars exclusive retirement dates, SSD would have been expected to retire last Christmas, one year after the Imperial Shuttle. So any time after that was a pretty safe call in terms of pending EOL. Predicting that SSD would nearly double in price within a few months of EOL was a more impressive call for anyone who made it, but not particularly relevant to TH one way or the other.

You are Absolutely correct. I never expected this to get to so close to 2X RRP this quick. I got most of my lot I.e. 90% of the lot around July and August!

You make it sound like Ed really knows the retirement and only imply and give hints in the forum. He has lot of experience and insight wrt lego, makes well educated guess and willing to share. A good fellow. Should you listen? I'd say yes you better do and why not. But he does not know...at least I don't believe he dose.

Edited by allen9917

You make it sound like Ed really knows the retirement and only imply and give hints in the forum. He has lot of experience and insight wrt lego, makes well educated guess and willing to share. A good fellow. Should you listen? I'd say yes you better do and why not. But he does not know...at least I don't believe he dose.

Perfect statement. I think the answer is he does know but he cannot say. I do not have facts to support it but I am confident of it.

Lol this thread is getting silly. It does not really matter if this set retires now or next year as long as you are comfortable with your decision to buy or not to buy. I assume everyone here is savvy enough to do your research and make your own decisions.

One thing is for sure it is the only thing going on on BP right now.

Really slow night unless Alpinemaps shares his mixels.... :)

• Like 1

Well I called around to my local Lego shops and one said they don't have any TH and won't be getting any more in.  The other said for me to call back as they don't have any in stock but can't say for certain what will be coming in on the trucks as they don't know until they unpack them.   

Lol this thread is getting silly. It does not really matter if this set retires now or next year as long as you are comfortable with your decision to buy or not to buy. I assume everyone here is savvy enough to do your research and make your own decisions.

I agree, some people need way too much validation from a bunch of random people on the internet. 

I ate at a French restaurant last night. And Lego makes a Parisian Restaurant modular set. I asked my waiter if he thought Lego would keep making that set and he said "I have no idea". If that's not a sign, I don't know what is. Time to load up on PR's...

Doesn't sound definitive. Now if McDonald's ran out of French fries, then we can put a fork in it.

I think at this time these words are appropriate from Beverly Hills Ninja.

The blackness of my belt is like the inside of a coffin on a moonless night.

That's pretty black, Man.

It is a black art, and I, Haru, am the blackest of the black. Or rather the great white black art... Blackest... Master.

I think at this time these words are appropriate from Beverly Hills Ninja.

The blackness of my belt is like the inside of a coffin on a moonless night.

That's pretty black, Man.

It is a black art, and I, Haru, am the blackest of the black. Or rather the great white black art... Blackest... Master.

wait wait wait.. you didnt say ED !!!! what gives  :taunt:

• Like 2

There should be 2 types of ppl in this thread:

A.) I believe TH is retiring soon and I will buy as many as I can afford for investment each time it is in stock.

B.) I don't believe TH is retiring soon and I will buy as many as I can afford to flip each time it is in stock.

At this point in time, as long as you classify yourself as A or B, then you're in a good position to make some $.

Edited by imirish11
  • Like 4

wait wait wait.. you didnt say ED !!!! what gives  :taunt:

Well True, I did not say, but I meant it about Ed.  I did call him the ultimate Lego ninja earlier though so it can be inferred it is him.

I guess I was trying to be prophetic like Ed's posts.

I am thinking we need to have a new members only thread started called "Ed's Prophetic Statements" and have it have a link to dictionary.com at the top and have him have a Prophetic statement of the day.  We can then all read it and ponder.

• Like 1

Perfect statement. I think the answer is he does know but he cannot say. I do not have facts to support it but I am confident of it.

You say this, and then wonder why some folks (75% of brickpickers, going by the poll results, and notably including emazers) do not share your faith.  I'm not saying that you, or Ed, or anyone else on this forum is stupid, only that firm evidence of TH nearing EOL is lacking.  I do not consider cryptic remarks along the lines of what I might find in a fortune cookie to be firm evidence.  Now if it does turn out that TH disappeared for good in early October 2014, well then next time around I'll be more trusting of those who predicted as much.  In the meantime, skepticism seems to be in order.  Also note re: current selling prices on eBay that TH is not actually selling at them.  Check the sold items.  Sellers can ask whatever price they want, but that does not compel anyone to buy...