10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

darn, I put in an offer for those 2 on ebay...you offered a little more than me. shipping was 56 for the 2 right?

I seriously think all this talk about the TH here on brickpicker has A LOT to do with the increasing price for this set

sorry about that Darin, I was in negotiations all day trying to get the shipping down.  56$ for shipping is a little crazy considering hes sending it parcel select... lets hope that includes insurance though.

Edited by vexxet

there was a guy on amazon with a stash of these 50+ at $399 and is now gone and moved up to $449 or above, can't remember his seller name, that said no way 50 sold in two days...this will be $450 soon unless new sellers show up and yes, $500 is a given by Christmas...$600 is not outside the realm of possibility.

He sold 11 at $399 in 1 day. Decided to bump it to $499. 39 left. 

Some of it is panic for sure. I hate the look of this set, and didn't buy one, and of course now have to have it and caved on Amazon this week, using logic like "well if I sell X for Y, and Z for price A, then it's pretty much like I got TH at retail". I am dumb.

You like it? Yeah you do! The completionist's curse! Kicking myself in the balls for not buying GC is becoming a daily routine... That's why I have sworn not to miss any exclusive ever!

The set in itself is a little bit awkward and I don't like the thick greek pillars, but in a modular street it pretty much makes the town look real. Same issue as with the Winter Village Market. These sets are not meant to be displayed alone.

Both FB and TH have seen a healthy bump in the last couple weeks.  I bought a couple of FBs at $275/ea and 2 THs at $300 just a few weeks ago.  This leaves GE as the only retired modular not to break the $300 barrier, and frankly, given FB prices closing in on $400 and TH in the $440 range, it leaves GE roughly 150 below the next lowest priced retired modular.

Moral of this story?  I think GE is a bargain right now at $240 on Amazon with free prime shipping.  I just ordered a couple more.  I'm literally betting that the TH/FB fever reaches GE in the not-too-distant future.

• Like 1

Some User in other boards talks about a future price of >1500 $ in 1 year.....i cant believe that.

Indeed, don't believe it.

Certainly the guy saw the CAGR between september and october and thought it would be same during a year (red curve).

IMO the green curve may be more realistic...

(clic to enlarge)

sans-t12.jpg

$500 on november 2015 (average sold items on ebay in the USA) would be a more reasonnable expectation IMO. Great if it's better than that ($600 is possible, who knows... but $1500 ? come on guys...).

Don't be fooled but the jump in value between september and october. The CAGR for this set is not accurate, it's too early, we have to wait some more months to have a better idea of the "real" and steady CAGR.

Edited by biniou