10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

January 30th is a Friday.

I think they are not sure about when they will have some more in stock and just wrote it will be available "the last day of january, week-end excluded... maybe".

(note that I'm trying to be nice and am not saying they are dumb and totally clueless, because if you check a little you'll see that according to them this set has been released on april 2014...)

edit: man my english is getting worse and worse...

Edited by biniou

I really wouldn't read much into that and I'm not optimistic that I'll get anything. You know how these web stores with their automatic listing are. Even amazon lists things as available with some waiting period, but then unlists it as it turns that it's no longer available.

It's actually operated by the postal service of Switzerland, I don't doupt that they are legit. But maybe they just didn't get an update from their LEGO distributor about future availability yet or something like that.

Every other online shop in Switzerland says, the TH is out of stock now, but will be available in january again. Here two more examples:

It's the same for GE:

One shop I called and they told me "...this is the way it is with LEGO. They produce a given amount per year and if they're sold out, you have to wait for the next year, so they will be available in january again. Certainly".

The thing is, these shops aren't LEGO vendors, they sell consumer electronics, books, movies etc. - and LEGO. Almost every online shop in Switzerland sells LEGO...

So yes, don't trust the Swiss :-) 

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the current polll is outdated - official retirement was not announced in 2014, I would be fascinated to have a new poll on how many sets people own for resale.

e.***. none, 1, 2-5, 6-10.11-15, more than 15. That should give an insight into how hoarded this set has been.

Exciter does not subscribe to anything but reads everything so I am curious to see if he will see this suggestion...

I would like a new thread where everyone can list the specific date in EST time zone that for the United States shop.lego.com will be flip a lot of sets to retired.

Perhaps we have a prize for the first person to post picking the correct 24 hour window. 

The set is retired for all practical purposes. The language in the poll was changed for technical reasons but doesn't change the fact that it ain't coming back

POOF

The final proof is the discount for me. Why would ever LEGO discount any modular by 30% under normal circumstances? They slammed 30% on every product on the death list.

• Like 1