10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Are Sopwiths and Emporiums still available over there or are they also preselling those? Maybe they have a shipment owed to them. Or they just don't know what they're doing.

My money is on 'they don't know what they're doing'. The whole site looks a bit flaky to me.

I can only find one Lego set on there (79106 Attack on Lake Town).

Where do you have this 30jan availability information from?

Right here:

I hope it does not come back, means at least another 6 months+ of sitting in the closest. Sure you can buy more, I`d rather make $$$ and buy new sets. You got to wonder why they have that date listed if there isn`t some degree of credible info to back it up though? Then again, it is the internet. 

White coats to bind me, out of control
I live alone inside my mind
World of confusion, air filled with noise
Who says that my life's such a crime?

Trapped, in this nightmare
I wish I'd wake
As my whole life begins to shake
Four walls, surround me
An empty gaze
I can't find my way out of this maze

'Cause I don't care
Fall in, fall out
Gone without a doubt, help me
I can't take the blame
They don't feel the shame

It's a madhouse
Or so they claim
It's a madhouse
Oh, am I insane?

My fears behind me, what can I do
My dreams haunt my sleep at night
Oh no, won't learn their lesson, white fills my eyes
And only then they see the light

• Like 1

Maybe what he is intimating is that sets are only retiring from Lego production but the Ed store is getting ready to open and set the prices for the next 5 years!

That sounds like controlled madness to me

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Are you saying he has had 10 years of warehousing and never selling a set only to be the chaos bringer himself? ROFL

Are you saying he has had 10 years of warehousing and never selling a set only to be the chaos bringer himself? ROFL

Absolutely, because Ed has the perfect cover. He watches the commoners from his throne and sees a need... A need for retired exclusives.

Ed ventures deep into his treasure room, past all the small sets that have poorly performed, heads towards the mound of Taj Mahal sets (analogous to a mountain of gold I guess, if it were white) and pulls out 1 [insert set].

"Let the bidding start at 5x retail... " At that point, the world descends into Chaos. Or he is a Q.

What other possible rational explanation could there be?

**note** PSA: This post also doubles as a sarcasm detector. Please make sure that yours work. **

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Guys! Please! I cant belive some of you guys. LEGO is discounting the set on their homepage, some orders get canceled because they will not produce anymore sets. If they would produce more sets, there would be NO REASON to cancel the orders. LEGO is a buisness company so they want to do business: Canceling orders is no business.

AA is done. Of course there will be some stock somewhere in the wild. How can you even consider to invest in something if you have the nerves of a 14 year old girl who is in love with justin bieber.

Some of you guys are out of your minds. Yes, anything can happen when it comes to Lego retirements but just work with the data you have staring you in the face: One insignificant retailer says it's backordered, everywhere else is sold out with no sign of a return.

I interpreted Ed Mack's post as "You're all insane and won't believe a set is dead until its bloated corpse is lying in front of you and its too late".

• Like 3

Guys! Please! I cant belive some of you guys. LEGO is discounting the set on their homepage, some orders get canceled because they will not produce anymore sets. If they would produce more sets, there would be NO REASON to cancel the orders. LEGO is a buisness company so they want to do business: Canceling orders is no business.

AA is done. Of course there will be some stock somewhere in the wild. How can you even consider to invest in something if you have the nerves of a 14 year old girl who is in love with justin bieber.

There must be one exception to prove the rule (an investor on here who loves Beebs).