10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Called all the Lego stores in the Bay Area, New York, and New Jersey, and it seems like this one is retired.

Kind of sad about it since I got into Legos like last week, literally. If I wanted one of these for my personal collection (really like this series), would you guys advise waiting until after the Christmas rush, or just sucking it up and buying one now?

Called all the Lego stores in the Bay Area, New York, and New Jersey, and it seems like this one is retired.

Kind of sad about it since I got into Legos like last week, literally. If I wanted one of these for my personal collection (really like this series), would you guys advise waiting until after the Christmas rush, or just sucking it up and buying one now?

It will only get more expensive new. Be patient and scout for a second hand one if it is for personal collection.

Yeah. I've been looking up assembled ones. Seeing as this was $200 new, what kind of price range would be reasonable for an assembled one?

Unless you want a new unopened one, just be patient and scour Craigslist everyday. A used one may pop up but you gotta jump on it quick. I would say $200 for a used one is ok, but you may find one cheaper if you're patient.

All in all, this will be a tough find as each day passes.

You will probably just have to suck it up and get one.  I was in the same situation.  I realised, the price just keeps climbing.  Luckily I was able to get one for the Low Low price of only $250.  :o  I figured I didn't have a snowballs chance in finding one at a store, brick brick or virtual at MSRP.  Glad I pulled the trigger.  This one just keeps climbing.

• Like 1

I got a open box TH but sealed bags with box and instructions for $250 on CL.  These will be harder to find but CL is a good way to find good deals.  You have to be quick.  As I was the first to respond and first to drive to him.  He told me about four other people called him after me and someone tried to offer him a higher price but he was good to his word selling to me. 

Whaaaaat???  Can you share a link?  I would LOVE to try!

*edit* I see you're in Germany so it's probably a fair assumption you got them in Germany.  :)  That may not help me.  haha.

It was actually from a Swiss shop, but guess that doesn't help much either ;)

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Is it me or does the box look a bit smaller?  I heard that some boxes are being resized.  I'm tempted to order but, I'm concerned with customs duty when importing into the UK as CH is not part of the EU.  If it does go back into stock, other retailers may follow and the QFLLs may be listing right now en masse.  Perhaps I was right to hold off buying the TH just yet?  I have colleagues in ZRH who can bring it over for me.

Edited by TabbyBoy