10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Guest TabbyBoy

Today I have heard from 2 web shops that they expect a new wave of this set in January 2015. Does anybody else also hear something about a re-release of 10224?

Funny you should say that, I was told in John Lewis last Saturday that more should arrive in the new year.  That must be why it's not got the "Retired Product" tag yet.  The current flippers are having a good run anyway.

I heared the total opposite. This one is gone and more sets will follow. Also more unexpected ones. Lego is having production problems. Their new factory in South-America was a big disaster. Too many sets to produce. So that is why so many sets are gone now. China factory will start or be at full speed not earlier than 2016. Just what I've heared. So far, this source has been right every time. So I trust my source.

Interesting, if it is coming back the obvious move is to sell all stock now for the margin available, then buy up stock again at MSRP. No point in keeping any really if it were to return. Something tells me that isn`t going to be the case though, you`de think Lego would keep more in stock for Christmas, then again, they`re short on everything this year. It really would be a shame if TH were to return, as many of us have stocked up and another year sitting on the shelf is just wasted capital. 

Lego CS told me back in November (I phone about everything for the 1/100 little piece of advice that is actually worth something. I was told flat out that it was "no longer going to be available from Lego LEGO Shop at Home" and was advised to check local Lego stores. Always with a grain of salt, or a bucket, but I think/hope it`s gone. If it is $500 this time next year is easily attainable, I don`t know about you guys/girls but I sure as heck would love to cash in on that. 

Guest TabbyBoy

I heared the total opposite. This one is gone and more sets will follow. Also more unexpected ones. Lego is having production problems. Their new factory in South-America was a big disaster. Too many sets to produce. So that is why so many sets are gone now. China factory will start or be at full speed not earlier than 2016. Just what I've heared. So far, this source has been right every time. So I trust my source.

Yes, it's only words that prove nothing.  I hope China don't speed up as they appear to have colour variation issues.

Guest TabbyBoy

When do they change the label sold out to retired is there a amount of time?

It can take many months as in the case if the Fire Brigade.  Lego seem to scour all warehouses and shops when filling backorders before giving a set the ultimate label that we all desire.

It can take many months as in the case if the Fire Brigade.  Lego seem to scour all warehouses and shops when filling backorders before giving a set the ultimate label that we all desire.

true...last year 10197 was sold out form november to the end of january...but all the toystore here in Italy told me that the set was non available for other orders...same now for 10224

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to get a hold of quite a few of these if possible but don't know the best route to go other than ebay or amazon. I had a couple deals squared away at $275 each, then people lying to me to get out of the deal only to list them higher. I get it...but just want to know where you guys would go to obtain, say, 12 or so of these. Any suggestions?

I would like to get a hold of quite a few of these if possible but don't know the best route to go other than ebay or amazon. I had a couple deals squared away at $275 each, then people lying to me to get out of the deal only to list them higher. I get it...but just want to know where you guys would go to obtain, say, 12 or so of these. Any suggestions?

Toys r Us parking lot.

Edit: ;)

Edited by speedsausage

I would go to eBay or CL to get the TH while they are not as expensive. I'm thankful that I was able to get some at my local Lego store while they still had them.