10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Wow.  I'd trade any of my 8 TH for a DS in a heartbeat.  $400 for a TH?  Absolutely.  Even great sets don't shoot straight up.  SSD, for example, is down almost 10% on eBay over the past couple months (going by lowest price buy it now listings).

The point is that the TH is already making money, and will continue to rise over the next 12 months. It's not even retired yet.

You think he should trade for a DS and sit on it for how long? Then who knows how it might perform or how long before he sees a good profit on it, given that it will be massively hoarded by then, if it's not already.

If he keeps the TH, he'll be able to reinvest the TH profits way sooner than any DS profits, and make more money.

He could even sell the TH in the next couple of months and get 20eur or so more than the price of a DS here in EU.

I counted 11 TH for sale on ebay EU for less than the price of a DS. The rest are all priced higher. Pretty soon you will not be able to get a TH for the price of a DS here.

Edited by tractorboy

this showed up this morning around 7am.  I was able to add to cart because it said "limited online"  but upon check out it gave me the error of "item in your cart is out of stock".  back to the search result page and it still said "limited stock".  I think their site has just been glitching or something.  I don't even have one of these and want one to build, but alas. Too late I fear.  same with the GE.  I hate the idea of paying reseller rates for a box I'm going to open.

this showed up this morning around 7am.  I was able to add to cart because it said "limited online"  but upon check out it gave me the error of "item in your cart is out of stock".  back to the search result page and it still said "limited stock".  I think their site has just been glitching or something.  I don't even have one of these and want one to build, but alas. Too late I fear.  same with the GE.  I hate the idea of paying reseller rates for a box I'm going to open.

You can always try to trade with someone or just buy a used one.

Never trade anything for your TH's. Hold and protect them with your life till after Xmas 2015. In 2016 you can laugh.

I also expect GE will perform less than TH. However, I am planning to open and build another GE to implement in my city. So I will have one big rear end GE. I heared also from others doing this. So the GE might sell even faster cause people want two. Like the HE.

I believe production for the DS has already stopped. Just cause of the high pricepoint and long shelf life it will take longer for it to get sold out.

I am far from an expert and you can call me crazy. But these are my 0.06

Edited by jaisonline
Minor edit

Thanks for this. I ordered one after reading your post and just received shipping confirmation. :)

Mine shipped too. Let's hope that the boxes are at least in decent shape. I'm surprised because I still have GEs and SCs on backorder from Walmart.ca, and those are increasingly looking like they'll be cancelled.

Also, love your name. I'm glad I could help out a fellow BPer, Canadian and Always Sunny fan :)

• Like 1

Mine shipped too. Let's hope that the boxes are at least in decent shape. I'm surprised because I still have GEs and SCs on backorder from Walmart.ca, and those are increasingly looking like they'll be cancelled.

Also, love your name. I'm glad I could help out a fellow BPer, Canadian and Always Sunny fan :)

Hah I wasn't holding my breath after reading the posts here about Walmart orders sitting in limbo. Even if the box is wrecked I'll be ok, I just want one to build and one to hold and I already have a pristine boxed one. Besides, maybe if it's crushed I can get a discount. :P

I assume not. I believe or speculate that much of the retiring now has to do partly with the smaller boxes they have planned. I just read in 2015, every box on the market should be made smaller conform to what LEGO specified.

Yeah, I agree.

So big exclusive sets that might/should be going next year (if not sooner)...

Pet Shop

ToO

SOH

Sea Cow

3E

UCS X-wing

I'm thinking I won't be doing so much buying of big exclusives next year. So perhaps less of a need to turnover sets that went EOL this year to generate funds for must have purchases. That's why I'd be happy to hang on to things like the TH, SSD, HH, GE, R2D2 etc. through next year and into 2016 (assuming prices keep rising and don't level off).

Edited by tractorboy

This might be grounds for a good trolling but I have seen some people here do pretty nice things before in my very short time as a LEGO collector and am hopeful there is another act of kindness left somewhere.  I am an avid coin collector and have never seen the comradery and general awesomeness towards other collectors in the coin collecting arena that I have experienced with the LEGO crowd.  Pretty cool.  Anway....

I have been trying very hard every day to find a Town Hall for retail price and it looks like we got into this a couple months too late.  Is there anyone out there with a horde of them that would be willing to sell me one at retail?  This is for my personal build with my two sons, it is not for a flip or hold.  I was able to find someone local that sold me a Grand Emporium for a little more than retail but still less than it would have been retail plus tax.  We were very grateful. So far our little city has the Plaza Cinema, Grand Emporium, Pet Shop, Fire Brigade (sold to me at a little over $200!), Parisian Restaurant and the Haunted House.  There is not a snowballs chance at this point that we will have the Green Grocer or Corner Market on our street ($$) so that leaves just the Town Hall. AND the totally awesome Detectives Office when it comes out.  So far we have built the Cinema and Haunted House.  We are going to have a marathon build over the Christmas break on the others. I would be very grateful if someone can hook me up, but I also realize people are here to talk about making money, not dole out charity, so no hard feelings if everyone gives me the middle finger.  However, it never hurts to ask.