10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

it really depends on what you mean by retire - like RETIRED on shop at home vs unavailable for purchase.

I think it won't be listed as RETIRED at shop at home until next year.

I do not think it will be available for purchase again this year (except for fleeting stock gobbled by bp'ers).

Everyone pretty much agrees that the SC is retired.

That set probably won't get slapped with a retired tag until last year.

Even Jabba's palace is still listed as SOLD OUT on the shop at home page and everyone agrees this is retired.

These were my thoughts also when casting my vote. Even though I believe it's going to be hard to find this bad boy in the near future, I believe the official retirement isn't going to happen until early 2015. If the poll was a little more specific in time frames, the accuracy of what BPers really believe would be portrayed a little better.
  • Like 1

These were my thoughts also when casting my vote. Even though I believe it's going to be hard to find this bad boy in the near future, I believe the official retirement isn't going to happen until early 2015. If the poll was a little more specific in time frames, the accuracy of what BPers really believe would be portrayed a little better.

man, you guys are ripping my poll?  i'll edit it to be clear.

"officially retired" on lego.com.

update: i just edited the poll to be "more specific"  :)

Well if the poll is now officially retired with the stamp on LEGO Shop at Home I would switch my vote from 2014 to 2015.

If it was it is gone and no longer available and not coming back I am with 2014.

For what its worth while many continued to bicker over it retiring or not, I removed myself and continued the stockpiling.

Quite happy.

this is a really fun poll because those holding TH's are going to be making some serious green whether it retires in 2014 or 2015.

i think this set is unofficially retired in that it will be difficult to find any.

lego stores last week had a few left.

i called around this morning - none anywhere in MA or CT.

still got tumblers though down at westfarms mall in hartford....

this is a really fun poll because those holding TH's are going to be making some serious green whether it retires in 2014 or 2015.

i think this set is unofficially retired in that it will be difficult to find any.

lego stores last week had a few left.

i called around this morning - none anywhere in MA or CT.

still got tumblers though down at westfarms mall in hartford....

I'm fairly new to this game, but I don't understand how a set like TH can gather dust on the shelf for so long because it's a "slow seller", but as soon as it disappears people are willing to pay $300?  If they didn't want it at $200 a month ago, why are they paying $300 now?  I can see that's what it's going for on ebay, but I still wonder who is buying these at that price.  Investors who feel like they missed the boat, or people who had no interest in TH before but are suddently interested just because they can't get it anymore? 

It is my least favorite of the modulars but I still picked up 2 in Oct. thanks to this forum.  Could have picked up more from amazon, but decided to go all out for HH which seems like in the long and short run will be a better investment.

I'm fairly new to this game, but I don't understand how a set like TH can gather dust on the shelf for so long because it's a "slow seller", but as soon as it disappears people are willing to pay $300?  If they didn't want it at $200 a month ago, why are they paying $300 now?  I can see that's what it's going for on ebay, but I still wonder who is buying these at that price.  Investors who feel like they missed the boat, or people who had no interest in TH before but are suddently interested just because they can't get it anymore? 

It is my least favorite of the modulars but I still picked up 2 in Oct. thanks to this forum.  Could have picked up more from amazon, but decided to go all out for HH which seems like in the long and short run will be a better investment.

Why buy a Town Hall when you assume it will be available for 1-2 more years. Money better spent on buying something that will disapear sooner.

The Town Hall is the largest modular and has the most bricks until now. I built it and it is a gorgeous and well thought piece. 

I build in stages when I have time in my garage-workshop-man cave, and the TH is my current project. It really is beautiful, sturdy, and very well thought-out. I understand why some might say "meh" at first glance, but it's an iconic "city center" piece, not unlike the actual limestone courthouse on the city square in my hometown. I'm glad I have a few stashed away and one for me.

I think it will do well as folks continue to build their modular cities and realize this is the building they were looking for to tie everything together.

• Like 2

In case anyone didn't get one yet, the lego store in Anaheim, CA said they would get a shipment of TH tomorrow morning. Call in tomorrow before you go just to be sure.

I was going to get another but I already got too much other stuff these past few months.

Edited by Sahntoki

I'm fairly new to this game, but I don't understand how a set like TH can gather dust on the shelf for so long because it's a "slow seller", but as soon as it disappears people are willing to pay $300? If they didn't want it at $200 a month ago, why are they paying $300 now? I can see that's what it's going for on ebay, but I still wonder who is buying these at that price. Investors who feel like they missed the boat, or people who had no interest in TH before but are suddently interested just because they can't get it anymore?

It is my least favorite of the modulars but I still picked up 2 in Oct. thanks to this forum. Could have picked up more from amazon, but decided to go all out for HH which seems like in the long and short run will be a better investment.

Nobody knows if it was a slow seller for sure. People thought they had year or more to buy this set, now it's gone. It is more rare and less hoarded than any Modular since the Green Grocer. This is why they will sell for $1300 and not $300.