10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

I ordered four Tower Bridges from walmart.com awhile back, and they shipped them (to my home) in two LEGO cartons, each holding two sets.  They arrived in decent shape.  I think it's with odd-numbered quantities that you start risking the dreaded "slap a FedEx label on the Lego set and ship that puppy out!"

it may also matter which location the item being fulfilled from.

in my case, most of the walmart orders coming from east coast don't come in "lego packages" even when ordered in large quantities.

when they are shipped from west then they do come in "lego packages".

regardless of where they come from they come in great condition and they have always been packaged well. all packages come with brown paper buffer not plastic air wraps target, amazon and tru uses.

i have not been lucky with TRU though. their packaging and shipping has been horrible experience for me...

I ordered four Tower Bridges from walmart.com awhile back, and they shipped them (to my home) in two LEGO cartons, each holding two sets.  They arrived in decent shape.  I think it's with odd-numbered quantities that you start risking the dreaded "slap a FedEx label on the Lego set and ship that puppy out!"

This is exactly it. I only buy things from Walmart in Lego carton divisible numbers. I ordered 8 Power Lex a couple of times - thrown in a box and smashed.

I started ordering 6 and got two pristine boxes of three :)

Maybe Walmart should start noting this in their Lego descriptions; for example, the Tower Bridge page could read, "If you would like your purchase to arrive in recognizable condition, please order in even-numbered quantities."

This is what they put on the SSD, this did not appear to be included on the TB.  It might be a little ambiguous to the average buyer, but we know it means slap a label on it.

GIFTING NOTE:This item ships in the manufacturer's original packaging. If intended as a gift, the packaging may reveal the contents.

Maybe that's how it is now but I do not not think it always true.  I remember getting a bunch of 4842 with just a mailing label on the LEGO box and UPS re-taping several of them after they were crushed opened. More recently they did the same with GEs

Who here got double promo polybags with Over $99 ...Mini Cooper and Worriz fire bike?

I think the Mini Cooper is done.

Only promo they place in my bag was the the bike. (yesterday & today)

Don't cancel your GE order so you can get an extra Polybag.  Not a good bet.

If you want the Spaceman.....order something in September.

Agreed. And yeah, the Mini Cooper poly sold out yesterday evening I believe.

Who here got double promo polybags with Over $99 ...Mini Cooper and Worriz fire bike?

I think the Mini Cooper is done.

Only promo they place in my bag was the the bike. (yesterday & today)

Don't cancel your GE order so you can get an extra Polybag. Not a good bet.

If you want the Spaceman.....order something in September.

Yeah, after examining the worriz bike I realized it's not worth it.

Yeah, after examining the worriz bike I realized it's not worth it.

Even if it was worth it, it's probably not wise.

Just think if that decision was the difference between getting one and not, if you looked back, you'd be turning your back on something you can just buy for $10-$15.. 

I wouldn't be happy if someone else got one of mine because I tried to re-order

Very very mini detail for those who are interested: US, Grand Emporium is now backordered to the 29th rather than the previous 28.

It is now back down to the 28th. 

I am going to go ahead and buy 2 more, (a total of 4). Seeing that it is close to a 50$ increase in just the last month, I would recommend for other people who have not already bought this set to do it as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Currently, I do not have tons of money to spend. However, I figured now would be a decent enough time to pick up a GE or Sopwith because of the special right now and the fact that they will retire soon. So, the only question remains, GE or Sopwith (hopefully first and then I'll get the second one soon after, but if I could only get one, which?)

Got to go with GE, I love the Sopwith Camel, it`s fantastic set, but so is the GE, and as far as buyers are concerned there is definitely more demand for it out there and same goes after EOL. Of course it`s 50% more money, but the return on it should be more substantial, all you have to do is look at previous Modulars (and most recently, the Fire Brigade). Now the only other thing to consider is the Haunted House, if it does go EOL this year as some have speculated, it could out do the GE, so keep that in mind.