10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

I have ordered one... but my fiancee wants it for herself - so I need to order another one :P. I would so much prefer to order it in september to get something different than Mini polybag - but I am so much scared GE will be gone by then...

What I also like to ask is this.

If you aren't able to get it in September for a different freebie, we you look back to this decision with regret ?

How about you buy it now, if it's still there in September, buy another one and return the August receipt.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

What I also like to ask is this.

If you aren't able to get it in September for a different freebie, we you look back to this decision with regret ?

How about you buy it now, if it's still there in September, buy another one and return the August receipt.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

personally, i highly doubt that it would be gone by september in US. simply because current ship date is september 26th. but again what brettj666 mentioned sounds prudent.

personally, i highly doubt that it would be gone by september in US. simply because current ship date is september 26th. but again what brettj666 mentioned sounds prudent.

In polish LEGO Shop at Home it is "Available", without any shipment delays.

<newbie>Good point brettj666 - I was not aware that TLG refunds shipping costs</newbie>

Just received my walmart order that I placed July 31. Never had any issues with their packaging until today. I've read on the forums on how bad their packaging can be. Since they were both opened, I checked to see if they were complete. One was missing a #1 bag and the other one was complete. Figured I'd keep the complete one to build. Will be returning the other one.

Never experienced it until now. Expecting 2 more GE from them, hoping for the best. 

post-10255-0-08050600-1407343717_thumb.j

Just received my walmart order that I placed July 31. Never had any issues with their packaging until today. I've read on the forums on how bad their packaging can be. Since they were both opened, I checked to see if they were complete. One was missing a #1 bag and the other one was complete. Figured I'd keep the complete one to build. Will be returning the other one.

Never experienced it until now. Expecting 2 more GE from them, hoping for the best. 

Christ! Praise the lord and all his miracles, wtf! That is the most horrible thing i've seen happen to NEW bought Lego. I hope you get a 80% refund or something, this is so bad.

Christ! Praise the lord and all his miracles, wtf! That is the most horrible thing i've seen happen to NEW bought Lego. I hope you get a 80% refund or something, this is so bad.

Its horrible! I called CS and they offered a 20% discount on the one set I'm keeping. I received a prepaid label for the incomplete set and they advised me to ship it back like that. Just make sure all the openings are taped shut and drop it off at USPS.

Wow, that is one one the worst ones I've seen. Good luck on the others.

Still doesn't outclass my destroyed Robie House. But comes close, the stickers really help, job well done.

If they follow the pattern, GE should retire this year, and PS a year later. For that reason, we're focused on GE as we have another year to worry about PS.

Maybe.  Remember that two new modulars, Cinema, and and Restaurant, were released last year, which also broke the prior modular pattern of one set per year.  If they can release two in one year, they can retire two in one year as well...

Maybe.  Remember that two new modulars, Cinema, and and Restaurant, were released last year, which also broke the prior modular pattern of one set per year.  If they can release two in one year, they can retire two in one year as well...

Cinema came in 2013, restaurant in 2014.

Maybe. Remember that two new modulars, Cinema, and and Restaurant, were released last year, which also broke the prior modular pattern of one set per year. If they can release two in one year, they can retire two in one year as well...

Parisian Restaurant was this year. Cinema was last year.

Parisian Restaurant was this year. Cinema was last year.

I stand corrected.  Although I do believe Cinema was released around April 2013, while restaurant was more like January 2014, so they were still somewhat less than a year apart.  I think I just remembered seeing the listing up at LEGO Shop at Home last winter, though it was probably more like a "coming soon" item at that point (sort of like Tumblr is now).  Anyway, I wouldn't necessarily count on either GE lasting through this Christmas, or Pet Shop being available very far into 2015.  Even Lego doesn't really know when their inventory of a set will run out, as with the SSD's entry in the Summer catalog for this year.

Modular Dates:

Cafe Corner (10182):              April 2007

Market Street (10190)                     2007

Green Grocer (10185)                    2008

Fire Brigade (10197):              Sept 2009

Grand Emporium (10211):     March 2010

Pet Shop (10218 ):                   May 2011

Town Hall (10224 ):               March 2012

Palace Cinema (10232):        March 2013

Parisian Restaurant (10243):     Jan 2014

• Like 2

Modular Dates:

Cafe Corner (10182):              April 2007

Market Street (10190)                     2007

Green Grocer (10185)                    2008

Fire Brigade (10197):              Sept 2009

Grand Emporium (10211):     March 2010

Pet Shop (10218 ):                   May 2011

Town Hall (10224 ):               March 2012

Palace Cinema (10232):        March 2013

Parisian Restaurant (10243):     Jan 2014

This is good to remember since it seems like they might start retiring one per year.

I have a feeling, although I am surprised it hasn't happened yet, that they will start doing 2 a year with the way they sell.

Have you checked that the instructions are in the box? :-)

I think you feel pain seeing this nightmare

nevermind I misunderstood

When there are some grams off/more (like 30g, 50g...) and the seals have a different number, most of the case it's because the instructions are different, especially because of a cardboord to stiffen instructions so it can't be bent.

See my third post in the topic about 35g more with the benny's spaceship:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/10921-weight-of-the-bennys-spaceship/