10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

What makes me wonder... If TLC is planning 37R4 wave of several low in stock at the moment sets... Why don't they just mark them as "Temporarily out of stock" (like they did with Architecture Studio, or with SSD in spring) and don't play stupid games with "ship date". Unless it is a way to artificially generate demand...

What makes me wonder... If TLC is planning 37R4 wave of several low in stock at the moment sets... Why don't they just mark them as "Temporarily out of stock" (like they did with Architecture Studio, or with SSD in spring) and don't play stupid games with "ship date". Unless it is a way to artificially generate demand...

It would seem that

"Ship date" = We definitely know when the new stock is arriving

"Temporarily" = We know more are coming, just not when

"Sold out" = We don't know if more are coming, Someone in corporate is deciding, making plans or thinking about retiring it.

What seems to be happening now is just normal "getting stock ready in preparation for Q4 Christmas sales". It's still just early Q3.

It would seem that

"Ship date" = We definitely know when the new stock is arriving

"Temporarily" = We know more are coming, just not when

"Sold out" = We don't know if more are coming, Someone in corporate is deciding, making plans or thinking about retiring it.

What seems to be happening now is just normal "getting stock ready in preparation for Q4 Christmas sales". It's still just early Q3.

That really does not explain "ship date -> call to check -> sold out -> ship date" cycling that GE was doing several times per day in the last 2-3 weeks before today, when it flipped to further out "ship date"

Anyone else besides me think that TLG sets a retirement date for every set from the very beginning and just changes the status on the website to make them last until that predetermined date?

I would think they would have a 3-5 year plan on what set gets produced when and for how long and what theme it needs to be. Also I doubt that the planning takes into consideration what BPers buy on a daily basis.

That really does not explain "ship date -> call to check -> sold out -> ship date" cycling that GE was doing several times per day in the last 2-3 weeks before today, when it flipped to further out "ship date"

Why does there needs to be some kind of explanation that explains everything in some kind of neat, all encompassing definitive way? 

With all the panic buying and stock chasing people with their page monitors hammering the LEGO website every 10 secs and then posting every single change, I'm not surprised the reports of status changes is flipping so often.

The status on the LEGO website is probably automated and tied to some inventory control level. Things, plans, stock levels can change every day with today's need to know instantly technology and mindset. I doubt there is some person evilly cackling behind a keyboard changing stock statuses on a whim just to screw with consumers. And the average consumer isn't checking every 10 seconds and probably hasn't seen any of the wild swings that we are.

It just is what it is. Remember the "old" days where store websites said inventory levels/status would be updated after midnight after the batch processing runs so you would have to wait until the morning for any updates.

• Like 2

Anyone else besides me think that TLG sets a retirement date for every set from the very beginning and just changes the status on the website to make them last until that predetermined date?

It makes sense.

Not sure if we have anybody working in retail brand companies.

They might have some insights on product plannings.

Why does there needs to be some kind of explanation that explains everything in some kind of neat, all encompassing definitive way? 

With all the panic buying and stock chasing people with their page monitors hammering the LEGO website every 10 secs and then posting every single change, I'm not surprised the reports of status changes is flipping so often.

The status on the LEGO website is probably automated and tied to some inventory control level. Things, plans, stock levels can change every day with today's need to know instantly technology and mindset. I doubt there is some person evilly cackling behind a keyboard changing stock statuses on a whim just to screw with consumers. And the average consumer isn't checking every 10 seconds and probably hasn't seen any of the wild swings that we are.

It just is what it is. Remember the "old" days where store websites said inventory levels/status would only changed after midnight after the batch processing runs so you would have to wait until the morning for any updates.

Pretty natural for human to find rationalization behind complicated events. We either come up with "some person evilly cackling behind a keyboard changing stock statuses on a whim just to screw with consumers", a.k.a. god, or with "automated and tied to some inventory control level", a.k.a. magic 

just be cautious trying to jump on buying at every availability. this one is going to be around for sometime.(may be till EOY.. who knows)

watch out about the quick flipping. the price on amazon/ebay going to tank very very soon. oh rats.. its already tanking :D i see now listing in Amazon @ 225.99+7.99 that'll roughly net $182. so it still has @ the very least about $20 to come down. i won't be surprised to see 199.99 listing within next few days...

I'm planning on buying one for Christmas for personal use but I don't know if I should hold off until then or buy on now and hold it until Christmas. I live in Australia so the only place to buy it is from the lego stone online or other online store like Amazon and eBay.

Any thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Bric

I'm planning on buying one for Christmas for personal use but I don't know if I should hold off until then or buy on now and hold it until Christmas. I live in Australia so the only place to buy it is from the lego stone online or other online store like Amazon and eBay.

Any thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Bric

I would advise you buy it now, while you can for 149.99 from lego

I would advise you buy it now, while you can for 149.99 from lego

i will probably wait until august as if you spend $100 then you get a free Mini Cooper polybag. And do another order and get 2 exo suits and 2 reasearch centres and get another free mini polybag.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker