10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

My GE I ordered from LEGO Shop at Home on Wednesday arrived this morning here are the details

Seal code: 27R4

Drivers name: Alex Young

Blood type: B positive

Married, 2 kids been with FedEx for 8 years, right handed.

Favorite food: Lasagna

Delivery truck license plate: CTD 1675

Delivery time:0812 hours

I asked Alex if the GE was EOL and he said yes the 27R4 batch was the last being made.

Hope this helps.

Wow! How much extra did you pay for FedEx Saturday before noon delivery or did you just give him a lasagna ;)

My GE I ordered from S@H on Wednesday arrived this morning here are the details

I asked Alex if the GE was EOL and he said yes the 27R4 batch was the last being made.

Hope this helps.

How is his brother Mighty Joe doing these days?

I live close to the beginning of the route but I've never had a delivery this early.

You ordered a GE on Wednesday that arrived on Saturday morning at around what, 8:00AM? I bet that one showed up minty fresh too didn't it... lol I knew you were VIP Prime!!

My GE I ordered from LEGO Shop at Home on Wednesday arrived this morning here are the details

I asked Alex if the GE was EOL and he said yes the 27R4 will be the last batch made.

Hope this helps.

This "Alex" sounds way too normal.  I bet he'd also claim to have one cat, one dog, a house in the suburbs with a two-car carage and a white picket fence.  I'm just not buying it.  I know an undercover LEGO Shop at Home agent when I see one.  The way to flush him out is to ask casually, with no lead-up, "so, 'Alex', how long have you been working for Lego?"  That trips them up every time.

I asked Alex if the GE was EOL and he said yes the 27R4 will be the last batch made.

Hope this helps.

Hahahahaha!!! Smart a$$!!! :)

Whew, I was looking all over online for the GE at retail. Glad I go online this morning to see it when from Sold Out all weekend to out of stock at the Lego Shop.  Got my order in. Now crossing my fingers. The price has been jumping everywhere.

What a suspense... waiting more than 2 months to see that the d*mn-seal will read 27R4

For me it is done. Europe will follow shortly somewhere in November/December.

Don't kill me if I am wrong.

Wait, what??? You got 27R4 in Europe???

Damn Illuminati... <... frantically searching for effing tinfoil hat...>

I dunno if in Europe it is 27R4 but I cannot say we do not either. I bought my GE's earlier. But in March some retailers advertised that they were out of stock on GE's and they expected new ones in week 28! So why can't it be? Maybe someone of the other european members can bring light in this case? Someone who bought a GE in Europe just recently.

I was just referring to the US discussion. The latest seal showed 27R4. I think that was the last run. Lego has to scrap all the GE's together from different places. If you have plenty, it is easy and supply chain goed well. If you have few, chances are high you are without GE's sometimes cause demand faster than supply. In other words... The delivery guy with the moped has to come from far. It takes time to travel.

Hence, people here on the forum many times said lego wants the ordinary customer to have a chance to buy this set as well. Expensive sets are mostly sold around Xmas/Thanksgiving. Maybe they are stalling the GE's supply so at this time period they still have some stock. Maybe they learned a lesson from last year when the fire brigade was gone before xmas.