10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

. Yes but that wave comes when LEGO Shop at Home says it is retited. Following up seal codes dont help with that imo

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Brickpicker mobile app

Sorry, i did not realize you were talking about codes. You said "I wonder why it is so important to know the exact time when an item goes EOL", Yes, we did establish that codes don't have any predictive powers with regards to EOL. The do help with establishing the likelihood, but that likelihood itself only helps to drive decision-making for late buyers, not much else

. Yes but that wave comes when LEGO Shop at Home says it is retited. Following up seal codes dont help with that imo

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Brickpicker mobile app

If you have limited funds, seal codes definitely help.  If people are reporting GE's with new seal codes, indicating a new production run, they might choose to spend their money on another set since there will be more opportunities to get GE's later on.

If you have limited funds, seal codes definitely help. If people are reporting GE's with new seal codes, indicating a new production run, they might choose to spend their money on another set since there will be more opportunities to get GE's later on.

Problem with that is

A: you don't know how many units have been produced for that batch ( last code has had very limited availability)

B: if this batch will be the last one

Summary: you want a GE don't wait.

If you have limited funds, seal codes definitely help.  If people are reporting GE's with new seal codes, indicating a new production run, they might choose to spend their money on another set since there will be more opportunities to get GE's later on.

If GE remains at sold out entire day today, those people might need to think about just how small 27R4 run was. Of course, 38R4 is still a possibility, And of course, TLC could have stashed away part of 27R4 as a holiday "surprise"

If GE remains at sold out entire day today, those people might need to think about just how small 27R4 run was. Of course, 38R4 is still a possibility, And of course, TLC could have stashed away part of 27R4 as a holiday "surprise"

That's kind of what I was thinking.  It doesn't make much business sense to produce a small run (I know this because I once took an econ class as a college elective; ie this is just my own speculation ;)  )  I wouldn't be surprised if Lego releases a bunch during the xmas buying season.

When I ordered mine from LEGO Shop at Home  on 7/15 it had a ship date of 7/30.  I checked my order status a few days later and it had been cancelled.  A few days ago I got an email that my Flashback Shredder had been shipped, it arrived on 7/22.  Yesterday I got an email that my GE had shipped (a week before the stated ship date), it should be here tomorrow :D

Summary: There is still hope! :)

Recieved my GE I ordered on July 14th. Code 27R4. Unfortunately the box is crushed bad. Also the box has shelf wear on the top and bottom of the box. It looks like Lego sent me a set someone sent back.

This smells like EOL to me. Normally Lego would not do this. Unless something is scarce.  

Make pictures, call them and complain. Maybe you will get a nice discount. Which you should.

They must not like me then, I have been told more than once by different CSRs that it's not their policy to discount damaged boxes, never hurts to ask I guess. Unless you are

me then it hurts lol

I agree that it will not be policy. But as you say, it never hurts to try. I have to admit I was pretty persistant. It was the third damaged set I received in a short period of time. So that maybe helped.

They must not like me then, I have been told more than once by different CSRs that it's not their policy to discount damaged boxes, never hurts to ask I guess. Unless you are

me then it hurts lol

I don't think they do that here in the US but I do know that they will give you some complimentary VIP points for your trouble.

I thought you loved FedEx, they beating-up your boxes now?

This is why I'm not stressing about trying to pick up any more 10188 Death Stars - the one I just received in the mail from LEGO Shop at Home had a label indicating it was manufactured in July. As special as I may feel I am, I doubt they fired up the factory to push out one more set just for little old me.

I have two GE scheduled for delivery today, and if the seals have anything more recent than May 2014 indicated, I'm not holding my breath on this going EOL before year's end. If the seals are Feb or earlier, I might get a tingle on my spider sense...

I've had nothing but success when calling LEGO Shop at Home and letting them know that a box was damaged. I take pictures, but they've never asked for them. I've called in at least 4 times and every time they credit me back 20% of the cost of that set right back to my credit card. Don't forget though, that being nice and friendly will get you much further than being angry and upset.

• Like 1