10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

No TB?? wow...  Any past cases where absence from season catalog did not mean anything?

Don't fall for the catalog trap. The catalog means nothing.  Don't use it to judge EOL.  They have limited space in the catalogs and rotate sets to keep it fresh.  

Don't fall for the catalog trap. The catalog means nothing.  Don't use it to judge EOL.  They have limited space in the catalogs and rotate sets to keep it fresh.  

There is a two page spread showing all the modulars except GE. They easily could have fit it in there.

Just sayin  :rofl:

Guest TabbyBoy

My gut feeling is that the Pet Shop goes first as it's not talked about as much and not for sale in as many places.

There is a two page spread showing all the modulars except GE. They easily could have fit it in there.

Just sayin  :rofl:

I have some old catalogs laying around.  I looked in the FALL 2013 LEGO S@H catalog and neither the Grand Emporium, nor SSD was in there.  Have they retired yet?

Yes, that is what got me thinking too. I can understand not all single sets being displayed - but in a setting like this I would expect all available sets to be there. Unless there would be a reason not to of course...

My gut feeling is that the Pet Shop goes first as it's not talked about as much and not for sale in as many places.

That would be a reversal of the recent Lego policy with the modulars and unfortunate.......

Cos I ain't got any yet. :)

Will probably buy another GE tomorrow. Or a camper. Or a Maersk. Or a........

That would be a reversal of the recent Lego policy with the modulars and unfortunate.......

Cos I ain't got any yet. :)

Will probably buy another GE tomorrow. Or a camper. Or a Maersk. Or a........

Maersk are OOS til 30th June or do they still have them in store?

Maersk are OOS til 30th June or do they still have them in store?

The Milton Keynes store had approx 4 Maersks on the shelf.

Well this is a first, I went in to buy a GE....... And bought a GE! ;)

Despite all the distractions. Fun fair. Maersk. Bennys 80s space ship

Hello Everyone,

I'm just curious what people think the price of the Grand Emporium set will get to after EOL. I'm new(er) to this so just a curiosity question. Thanks

In the UK the FB retired in November. Since then the price has gone from

My observation exactly. We all know the EU/UK markets are quite different from the NA market but we had the same problem with FB staying on the shelves for too long. Despite that it went up in price considerably well. I think bigger part of the quick FB flippers have already made their turn, so I don't think the upcoming Christmas will do any harm to the value of the set, if not the opposite. 

GE will do well, it's a corner building, it looks very nice, has some very cool features, costs more to start with..and perhaps had a slightly shorter life?

I am tempted to sell my FBs around Christmas (I only have 3) as I would like some cash inflow from this after 2 years of spend spend spend. But I may just risk