10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

I have two backordered, but I have a tracking number for partial shipment 5002127 Flashback Shredder. So I imagine I'm going to get those two if they sent me two partial shipments.

They can still cancel the rest of the order after shipping you the poly, see Martian Manhunter fiasco. But that was a different situation though, chances are you'll get your GEs.

I have two backordered, but I have a tracking number for partial shipment 5002127 Flashback Shredder. So I imagine I'm going to get those two if they sent me two partial shipments.

I ordered my GE on July 8th, which has been on backorder ever since. They shipped the Flashback Shredder, which I received yesterday, and today I got confirmation that my GE had shipped. Just be patient and don't risk ordering two at a time, or they may cancel it.

I got one today from SAH and it came a bit creased, not sure what I'm going to do.

Uhhh, you can mail it to me if you don't want it. Seriously though, hang on to it - not a big deal down the road. Unless it's your only one & you're very particular about boxes, don't bother returning it. It won't matter for a buyer later on once it's officially retired. 

Uhhh, you can mail it to me if you don't want it. Seriously though, hang on to it - not a big deal down the road. Unless it's your only one & you're very particular about boxes, don't bother returning it. It won't matter for a buyer later on once it's officially retired. 

I worry so much about box condition, just open the set and build it. That's what Lego sets are made for in the first place.

• Like 1

I worry so much about box condition, just open the set and build it. That's what Lego sets are made for in the first place.

An excellent option as well. I got a banged up GE from Amazon (which I got a good discount on afterwards), but rather than return, I opted for your idea of cracking it open & building it & very happy I did. 

An excellent option as well. I got a banged up GE from Amazon (which I got a good discount on afterwards), but rather than return, I opted for your idea of cracking it open & building it & very happy I did. 

I called and they said that I could send it back and they would send out a new one when they come in. 

The woman started to say it looks like it will be retired soon, because it has been out for a while.

I mentioned my concern was that I send this one back and don't receive a replacement.

I offered to send picture of the damage but she told me that was not necessary. 

Anyway I accepted her offer of a $40 gift card. 

I am not a fan of accepting these kind offers as I believe there is just a sliding slope for many take advantage of these companies. Who knows how they will clamp down on these issues in the future.

I called and they said that I could send it back and they would send out a new one when they come in. 

The woman started to say it looks like it will be retired soon, because it has been out for a while.

I mentioned my concern was that I send this one back and don't receive a replacement.

I offered to send picture of the damage but she told me that was not necessary. 

Anyway I accepted her offer of a $40 gift card. 

I am not a fan of accepting these kind offers as I believe there is just a sliding slope for many take advantage of these companies. Who knows how they will clamp down on these issues in the future.

You got a free $40 giftcard since it was banged up?  Very cool and nice that they did that.

You got a free $40 giftcard since it was banged up?  Very cool and nice that they did that.

Yes sir. I scored quite a deal. She offered to pay 25% then rounded up. 

I did manage to also use $75 of my rewards points on this set. It's made for quite a deal. But I did have to spend quite a lot there to earn those points.

I wonder why it is so important to know the exact time when an item goes EOL. We all know that this set will go be it not now, then be it in a few months due to the more limited availibilty. I don't understand the "OMG OMG OMG OMG its another seal code" mentality that some people display here. Seems counter-productive for all of the investors here that there are panic-buy-attacks.

I wonder why it is so important to know the exact time when an item goes EOL. We all know that this set will go be it not now, then be it in a few months due to the more limited availibilty. I don't understand the "OMG OMG OMG OMG its another seal code" mentality that some people display here. Seems counter-productive for all of the investors here that there are panic-buy-attacks.

The only ones that do OMG are the ones who are doing late buying. For them it is important. It might be counter-productive for cold-blooded investors who were buying them on schedule since 2011. But it is counter-productive to keep reminding people that they had years to buy it. 

Also, I think, the precise timing of the EOL is important for those folks who want to sell (for whatever personal reason) into the first post-official-EOL wave of buying frenzy (if such thing actually happens)

. Yes but that wave comes when LEGO Shop at Home says it is retited. Following up seal codes dont help with that imo

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Brickpicker mobile app