10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

Everyone seems high on this set. I've been wanting to buy a modular to build and really like the Parisian restaurant. Should I jump on this first.

If you want to get the GE to build, I would get one right now. It is the next modular in-line to retire and it could happen anytime soon. I have to agree that the Parisian Restaurant looks awesome, but it was released 5 months ago and it has a long life ahead of it. You will have time to pick up the PR in the future. Get the GE!

If you want to get the GE to build, I would get one right now. It is the next modular in-line to retire and it could happen anytime soon. I have to agree that the Parisian Restaurant looks awesome, but it was released 5 months ago and it has a long life ahead of it. You will have time to pick up the PR in the future. Get the GE!

Guess that settles it. I'll have to get both!

• 3 weeks later...

My back-ordered GE's back from the 2x VIP event just shipped, looks like back in stock at shop@home too.

Interesting.  Guess there's more stock...maybe enough to make it to the next 2x VIP pts event (Oct/Nov) who knows?!  Or Dec/Jan like FB.  It's all a guessing game :)  Gives me time to pick up a few more and than move on to PS.    

Here is an opportunity for many of you fence sitters to get in the game and buy this set.  If you want one...or ten...buy them now.  Don't worry about the Mixer or the Parisian Restaurant...Buy the Grand Emporium.  emazers would agree with me.  

• Like 4

How many how often can you order from LEGO Shop at Home and hopefully fly under their radar?

There is no definite answer to this. People have been for banned all different amounts. I would just stay under the limit across all orders. Meaning don't order more than 5 GEs.

Yes, Emazers would agree on buying GE,SSD,Volkswagen Campers,Tower Bridges, all the stuff that should be done sooner than later. But usually lego Retires sets at the end of the year not in the middle of the year, so my guess is that the GE,and even the SSD will be around for a few more months, as for the R2-D2 as just being only 2 years old I would think it has more time, but its anybody's guess. so buying sets that are coming out this month or so for investment is a big mistake. You have plenty of time for those sets. From now til the end of the year I am buying these sets.

1-SSD

2-GE

3-Tower Bridges

4-10220 Camper

5-R2-D2

6-Pet Shops

7-Town halls

8-Even more DS

9-And a Batman Ayslum & Tower of Othanic here and there.

• Like 5

There is no definite answer to this. People have been for banned all different amounts. I would just stay under the limit across all orders. Meaning don't order more than 5 GEs.

And get your Mother/ Sister/Wife/Brother/Uncle to order 5. Each. :)

Not on the same card though :P

Yes, Emazers would agree on buying GE,SSD,Volkswagen Campers,Tower Bridges, all the stuff that should be done sooner than later. But usually lego Retires sets at the end of the year not in the middle of the year, so my guess is that the GE,and even the SSD will be around for a few more months, as for the R2-D2 as just being only 2 years old I would think it has more time, but its anybody's guess. so buying sets that are coming out this month or so for investment is a big mistake. You have plenty of time for those sets. From now til the end of the year I am buying these sets.

1-SSD

2-GE

3-Tower Bridges

4-10220 Camper

5-R2-D2

6-Pet Shops

7-Town halls

8-Even more DS

9-And a Batman Ayslum & Tower of Othanic here and there.

Maybe LEGO did retire the SSD at the end of the year and it took this long to clear out the inventory.  People who and invest and resell LEGO sets like to think that we play a major role on sets being bought up quickly from retail stock, but in truth, Jeff and I see very few large sets being bought by resellers with our affiliates.  Even after the great sales in Europe and the UK during the May the 4th sales, the ratio of smaller/medium sized sets to large sets sold was like 20 to 1(Big sets being $149.99 or larger).  It is possible that our data doesn't show the true ratio of what people buy, but I wonder if there is a bit of internet exaggeration going on and people are not buying as many big sets as they say.

Maybe LEGO did retire the SSD at the end of the year and it took this long to clear out the inventory.  People who and invest and resell LEGO sets like to think that we play a major role on sets being bought up quickly from retail stock, but in truth, Jeff and I see very few large sets being bought by resellers with our affiliates.  Even after the great sales in Europe and the UK during the May the 4th sales, the ratio of smaller/medium sized sets to large sets sold was like 20 to 1(Big sets being $149.99 or larger).  It is possible that our data doesn't show the true ratio of what people buy, but I wonder if there is a bit of internet exaggeration going on and people are not buying as many big sets as they say.

That would mean that people posting anonymously on the internet were not being completely honest. That can't be it.

• Like 1

If the SSD was out of production, they wouldn't be fulfilling for future dates. They would sell out and that would be the end of it. It might go to "call to check for product availability" and then it would be gone.

I hope it does come back in stock.  I still would like to get a few more.

So, it must be our data.  OK, thanks for solving that issue.  Case closed.   :thumbsup:

Not saying your data was incorrect, but that statement was based on the assumption that the buyers who bought those sets used the affiliate links.  Perhaps there were more people who did not use the affiliate links when declaring that they did.

Which brings us back to:

That would mean that people posting anonymously on the internet were not being completely honest. That can't be it.

• Like 1

Not saying your data was incorrect, but that statement was based on the assumption that the buyers who bought those sets used the affiliate links.  Perhaps there were more people who did not use the affiliate links when declaring that they did.

Which brings us back to:

Sure, it's possible.  I was just relating what we see in affiliate sales.  It's a common trend we notice.  Conversely, maybe many people who don't use the links might buy small and medium sets only.  We have no real idea.  

Comes back to what I posted some weeks ago. A big legostore owner told me lego is to produce less bigger sets and ramping up production of the smaller sets cause lately they are selling the smaller ones more. He even said this in a regional newspaper when he was interviewed about his success as a lego entreponeur.

Comes back to what I posted some weeks ago. A big legostore owner told me lego is to produce less bigger sets and ramping up production of the smaller sets cause lately they are selling the smaller ones more. He even said this in a regional newspaper when he was interviewed about his success as a lego entreponeur.

Of course they are selling the smaller ones more. LEGO is still a toy factory and most large sets are intended for adults. Market for small sets may grow faster, that's it, but the exclusive market is also soaring from what I see. They have a different purpose and LEGO has every reason to continue having a diverse exclusive selection. They hook in adults who eventually buy more LEGO for their children.