71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

May need to consider buying some of these cases. If this is it for The Simpsons, these are going to be worth much more than I originally anticipated. They`ve prooved far more popular as well, already OOS on LEGO Shop at Home. 

Well it's only been a few weeks and stock isn't hard to find, though they are selling (by the boxes too).

It's a great collector item, especially if you picked up the simpsons house as well.

How much will they be worth?  Only time will tell...

i have 2 complete sets as well (still in packs) and about a dozen extra.  i was planning to hold onto them for awhile while continuing to look for stores with full displays so i can "feel out" more complete sets.

edit:  they've been selling out all over san francisco.  i've managed to stay ahead of the pack in most of the stores.  however, when revisiting them, they've been sold out. 

My box arrived last night.  Had fun going through and sorting them all.  Opened a set for myself and kids (they love the Simpsons) so we can display with the Simpsons house.  

They aren't out here until the 31st so thought I might get a jump on the local market and be able to flip them for a quick profit. Turns out a few other people have the same idea, so prices are already as low as my cost price.  But then I went direct direct to a guy who bought a house off me and he wanted 2 sets straight awy, for a decent margin above my cost, so that was good.  Now just have to sell off the extras.  Should essentially make my 16 free and a touch left over.

What do you think, would TLC freak out and waive the ban hammer, if I to order 32 (that's the current limit) Simpsons minifigs at Lego SAH?

I doubt it. Minifigs are different. They know people buy a lot in order to get complete sets. Multiple orders of the max might lead you to bansville though.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

What do you think, would TLC freak out and waive the ban hammer, if I to order 32 (that's the current limit) Simpsons minifigs at Lego SAH?

I figure it would be similar to buying a bunch of baseplates. A person needs to buy a bunch for a complete set regardless of getting repeats or not. I just hope you don't end up with thirty two Bart Simpsons. :wacko:

64 packs are arrive today, I'm sure to get one Apu to complete my son's set. Then hopefully, I can put together 2 more sets with my existing duplicates. Would like to sell 2 sealed sets for a little profit.

Anyone know if sealed sets are fetching an extra premium over open sets? I suppose some people are willing to pay something extra to open it themselves or leave closed.

Anyone know if sealed sets are fetching an extra premium over open sets? I suppose some people are willing to pay something extra to open it themselves or leave closed.

right now, sealed sets on ebay are not consistently getting more than opened sets. 

price ranges from 78.99 - 95.

some guy has been selling opened figures in a plastic case that looks like its for spools of thread for $95 and selling a lot.

i have sold 3 sets where the upper corners were cut to confirm ID for 89.

i'm holding on to my remaining complete sets which are sealed for long term.

right now, sealed sets on ebay are not consistently getting more than opened sets. 

price ranges from 78.99 - 95.

some guy has been selling opened figures in a plastic case that looks like its for spools of thread for $95 and selling a lot.

i have sold 3 sets where the upper corners were cut to confirm ID for 89.

i'm holding on to my remaining complete sets which are sealed for long term.

Have the link so I can see a pic?