71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Amazon?? With their wholesale purchase power? 5.99 is Amazon's price, not 3rd party

Assuming 30% discounts, base price is 2.79 per pack. Lowest shipping is $2.  Plus the manpower used to open the box, get 1 CMF pack and stuff it in the envelope.  Not sure how they are making money with that price point.

just picked up 32 more packs.

i'm done with this series now after 32 packs bought last weekend at the lego store, the 1 case ordered from ed's recommendation, and 64 packs today.

i will sell everything but the case and 2 complete sets ASAP. 

these minifigs (excluding the ones that come with the house set) will remain very desirable until they are refreshed in sets.  great for flippers.

why would you promote trying to sell these from EUROPE to USA when these are VERY AVAILABLE at many stores currently.

i walked into 3 targets today and all of them had these on the shelves.

i hear the same about walmart, walgreens and toys r us...

anyways. good luck. i don't see any value in spending $4.14 US + expensive shipping

:) good for you :)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

WAIT!!! WALMART is selling these for 2.99 per pack???

they did the week before Easter.  The easter advertisement listed LEGO MOVIE MINIFIGURES on sale for 2.99.  One walmart that I frequent (and others around the country) put out The Simpson's lego with a sign saying that they were a substitute for the LEGO MOVIE minifigs which were not available but at the cheaper price.

now, if you can find them at a walmart - i haven't seen them at any since that one time - they are 3.99 a pack.

also the bump codes are specific for each figure - not a supply code.  i haven't found any minifigures that have the same codes - its not just bumps either - there are weird irregular patterns impregnated with very subtle differences.

all minifigures have multiple bump codes.  once you have mastered smooshing the bumps are an after thought.  otherwise having sorted so many complete sets and triple checking at target etc it takes usually less than 10 seconds tops to figure out what figure it is.  sometimes it takes less than 2 seconds if you get lucky and apu or nelson or wiggums or burns cup/bat/club/rod is wedged at the bottom of the bag.  u know you are hitting brick bottom when you are fist pumping in an empty target toy section at 930 on a friday night because you just smooshed your 6th Nelson Bat in a display that holds 2 cases :)

Do you guys think that LEGO will make other Simpsons sets or other minifigures (Part 2) down the road? I have a feeling that these sets were made only to promote the Simpsons shows that was recently aired.

Can't wait till these sets hit EOL so I can sell them for a good profit. 

i have 2 full sealed sets so far, and im 5 short of a 3rd.  everywhere i go, these things are selling out. im going on an adventure tomorrow to visit a ton of walgreens and see what i can score.

question: which characters are the least common?  im having the toughest time finding millhouse and itchy

Do you guys think that LEGO will make other Simpsons sets or other minifigures (Part 2) down the road? I have a feeling that these sets were made only to promote the Simpsons shows that was recently aired.

I honestly do not see anything else down the road for The Simpsons in Lego. Fox and Lego have their current mutual arrangement that will expire eventually and the episode has already been aired. What else is there that can be done really? The people behind the show admitted to using every brick joke conceivable (by them) in the episode and although it would be fun to do another, they're just not up for it again. Far as sets go, there isn't a locale aside from the house that is both memorable and 'safe' by Lego standards.

I admit seeing a show like The Simpsons as a Lego toy still seems weird with all things considered so that barrier has been broken or at least bent rather far but even so, I can't fathom another set or second series of collectable minifigures being released. Still, stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

So if there is a wave 2 in the near future, looks like it may include...

(All my guesses)

Another version of the family except Maggie and Lisa. Bart might be El Barto. Would be cool if Homer was Mr Plow.

Moe

Barney

Edna

Smithers

Skinner

Comic book guy

Marge's sisters Selma and Patty

Doc Hibbert

Sideshow Bob

Rev Lovejoy

Carl

Lenny