71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Here is the distribution for those who are interested:

Homer 5

Marge 5

Bart 5

Lisa 4

Maggie 4

Krusty 4

Itchy 4

Scratchy 4

Ned Flanders 4

Nelson 3

Millhouse 3

Ralph 3

Mr Burns 3

Grampa 3

Chief Wiggum 3

Apu 3

breakdown on sealed case of 60 posted a while back.

• Like 1

Well this was a first for me. I actually found two (count 'em, two!) full cases of this series at Wal-Mart in the Lego aisle. Not haphazardly stuck somewhere in the clearance section or months after the series was originally available as before but right here and now where they belong. I'm impressed. Bad news was they had the new price of $3.97. :( I don't care for the TV show or these characters really; however, there are a couple I have contemplated on getting just for a couple of useful pieces like Mr. Burns' business suit or Homer's donut but still $4 is one heck of a bite to swallow for only some select parts. I know those heads are practically the most useless thing for me in any sort of custom build I may have in mind ....and I still think they look like a bunch of bobble heads.

I received my 60 bags yesterday. Unfortunately they were not in the blue showcase. I received a box from lego with 5 x 12 chained bags. I was really disappointed as I assume the blue showcase sealed will become a nice value when they are EOL. Did anyone get the same as me?

I received my 60 bags yesterday. Unfortunately they were not in the blue showcase. I received a box from lego with 5 x 12 chained bags. I was really disappointed as I assume the blue showcase sealed will become a nice value when they are EOL. Did anyone get the same as me?

Did you order from Lego or Minifiguresplus or someone else?

At the Target by me in Meriden, CT, I bought all that I wanted and had my fill, but as I was about to leave the end cap, an employee placed ANOTHER new large end cap box underneath the one I looked through. Also, there were parents that walked by me and said that they never let their kids watch the show, and they remarked at the higher price as well. This series will either flip OR quadruple in value EOL.

I think there will be a definite demand spike after the Lego Simpsons episode airs. How long that lasts for is questionable.

I can see 'The Lego Movie effect' happen once again when the episode airs myself but I would agree the new higher retail will make these more difficult to move to begin with. I say the effect could last about two weeks to possibly three if I want to stretch it. In any case, The Simpsons in Lego really are more for adult collectors than carefree rambunctious children. These are items you may have to plan holding for the long haul to get that goal of desired value.

I saw a big case of these at my local Target last week, priced at 4.99 each. After taxes, that'd be around 5.50 each for me, a price I just didn't think was worth paying.

Today, a week later, that case was empty. TRUs near me don't have these either. I can see the frustration of an average fan just trying to collect these for himself.

Which leads to eBay, of course.

But where's the fun in just buying a full set outright? :D I'm just going to start with ordering some from LEGO Shop at Home.

Please excuse this question from a very casual investor... Where does everyone buy their full cases of 60 from? What's considered a decent price per minifigure when buying these cases?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I saw a big case of these at my local Target last week, priced at 4.99 each. After taxes, that'd be around 5.50 each for me, a price I just didn't think was worth paying.

Today, a week later, that case was empty. TRUs near me don't have these either. I can see the frustration of an average fan just trying to collect these for himself.

Which leads to eBay, of course.

But where's the fun in just buying a full set outright? :D I'm just going to start with ordering some from LEGO Shop at Home.

Please excuse this question from a very casual investor... Where does everyone buy their full cases of 60 from? What's considered a decent price per minifigure when buying these cases?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Whereever you can find that has them and will sell them. Sometimes you see them right around retail on ebay. The big draw is the holding of them until later. A sealed case seems to be worth more depending on the popularity of the series.

Whereever you can find that has them and will sell them. Sometimes you see them right around retail on ebay. The big draw is the holding of them until later. A sealed case seems to be worth more depending on the popularity of the series.

Thank you. The holding until later part is what I have to learn. I started collecting at Series 9...

Guest ph4tb0i

Use the coupon 15OFFWEEKENDS to bring the regular price down to 3.36 CAD per pack. I think the coupon works on other stuff too but not sure. Just decided to swipe 99 figs instead. :D

Finally had a chance to buy some minifigs. My son and I randomly picked them at the Lego store today.

Grandpa was the first one we opened in the car getting ready to leave the mall. Not too shabby. My son is "the boy". post-3743-13991342824821_thumb.jpg

We'll open the others at home.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

Thanks for sharing! That`s a really good price for these, quite a bit cheaper then what is available elsewhere (Bricklink, Ebay) at the moment. 

I wonder if you order 60 whether they'll just send you a sealed box?  That would be cool.

Only 1 way to find out!  :thumbsup:

Recently felt a few figures at my local Walgreens, first attempt, fail! Only one Simpsons Minifigure was there! What a bummer, but atleast it was one I wanted, Bart. Had to go over to a second Walgreens, and found just the case of LEGO Movie figs, and some Simpsons figures in said case. Felt Ned, two Homers, a Krusty, Marge and Grandpa Flanders, only wanted Ned and Homer, so stopped once I got those.

Was also able to get the LEGO Movie Minifigure Box for free, haha. Wanted it to just be a display piece, box also looked mint so that too surprised me, but glad nevertheless.

Follow-up to my post above. I picked up 32 packs today at the King of Prussia Lego store. They had a limit of 16 per person but the lady let my son and I buy as long as diff credit cards were used. 2 cases were displayed side by side and I randomly picked between both.

Within the first 16 packs, we had 10 diff minifigs. 5 diff minifigs of the other 16 packs. Apu is just needed for 1 complete sets. Our dups were Marge, Maggie, Homer, Lisa, Bart, Ned, Nelson, Scratchy, and Itchy.

Damn you Flanders, I only needed 1 more (Apu).