71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I feel like this is one of those sets where every minifig will be worth something a year from now when Simpsons Series 2+ comes out....

I agree.

Even the common figures like Homer and Bart will be sought after by Simpsons fans that are not nessecarely Lego fans/collectors.

From a seller's perspective I really like the 3-4-5 distribution. The rare figs are the less common characters and I think the casual Simpsons fan is going to want the big names (Homer, Bart, Krusty...). I think this will drive some demand for the less common ones for those looking to fill sets.

So far, I've sold many more rare ones online than the common ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I was at my local Target on Sunday and found that they had just put out the Simpsons retail case.

So, naturally I bought them all. Plus a full case of 120 from the back stockroom.

I have already sorted them and will post my findings tomorrow, as I am at work all day today..

On a separate note, I found a complete (untouched) retail case of Series 11.

I couldn't resist. I grabbed the case.

Here is how it broke down:

10 - Barbarian Warrior

3 - Scarecrow

5 - Alpen girl

3 - Blacktron Robot

7 - Island Warrior

11 - Gingerbread Man

3 - Christmas Elf

16 - Yeti

6 - Rock Climber

11 - Welder

11 - Lady Scientist

5 - Jazz Player

6 - Waitress

4 - Grandma

14 - Police Officer

4 - Lady Robot

Anyone else familiar with the breakdown of the 120ct retail case?

Just realized I only have 119. Somehow I misplaced 1. I'll have to look around...lol

FYI: all of these are available.

Thank you - great to know how this is determined - I learned something today!!!! 

i do have to give you a warning though.

this isn't a 100% proven science and i've heard that each number code (i think means designated geographic areas) sometimes have different bump codes

but for now this is what i found out.

number regions were for us, canada, international.

Thank you - I picked up 58 packs at $3 a piece and wanted to figure out what was in them without opening them. Now I can at least take a shot at it.

legoray

Flashlight technique works well. You can feel for the individual pieces, too. Between the three, you'll have no problem.

Went to a TRU this morning, got there early, first one in the place....looked for the minifigs, nowhere to be found.  Mgr all week, and even last night, said they're in the back and will be available this morning.  Well the mgr this morning said they're out of stock and apparently employees purchased them.  WTH?

Went to a TRU this morning, got there early, first one in the place....looked for the minifigs, nowhere to be found.  Mgr all week, and even last night, said they're in the back and will be available this morning.  Well the mgr this morning said they're out of stock and apparently employees purchased them.  WTH?

oh... great... now we have TRU employees resellers...

How come LEGO SAH does not list them for sale? 

Interesting, LEGO Shop at Home only shows the Simpson's House when you search "simpsons" in the search field or search for it by "The Simpsons" theme, yet it's right there on the front page (at the time of writing)...

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Top-Sellers

Anyway, with some website finoodling around, here's the link to the Minifigs on LEGO Shop at Home:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Minifigures-The-Simpsons-Series-71005?fromListing=listing

Edit: Welp, shootyb beat me to it...

That blows! Hunt around in the store though. I found one hanging among the trading cards display the other day.

That is a big reason for complain.  Customers should get first pick, not the employees.  I would track down the regional manager (or whoever the boss of that store manager) and complain 

That is a big reason for complain.  Customers should get first pick, not the employees.  I would track down the regional manager (or whoever the boss of that store manager) and complain 

I am actually surprised that they used that line as an excuse. That could actually get them all in trouble

I strongly hope that lego doesn't make every series after this $4 a pack.  I can kind of stomach the $4 for licensed figs but not for the standard ones.  Most of the older series are barely above retail cost and doesn't look to have appreciated much.  I don't see too many collectors or lego fans willing to shill out $4 for a single fig especially when you can get a poly for that price.  The new spiderman poly is only $4.

I strongly hope that lego doesn't make every series after this $4 a pack.  I can kind of stomach the $4 for licensed figs but not for the standard ones.  Most of the older series are barely above retail cost and doesn't look to have appreciated much.  I don't see too many collectors or lego fans willing to shill out $4 for a single fig especially when you can get a poly for that price.  The new spiderman poly is only $4.

They have an easy solution for that.  Up the price for polys to $5.  The last Friends polybag at Target was $5 a piece