71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I usually strike up a convo and say I saw minifigures are 2.97 in walmart ad, but I don't have it with me, which is true. All they can say is NO right? It's all in the approach with whomever you are talking to. ;).

The TRU managers in my area are well trained.  No proof = no price match.  They may let you buy 1 pack for $2.99 if you sweet talk them while towing your little kid, but 16+ bags ? No chance in hell :D

For those checking Targets mobile app for stock. Most Targets wont have them on the end caps yet but they are already prepared and out of the box that states not to put it up for sale until May 1st. Give an employee the DCPI number and they will go grab it for you. But be quick! A manager caught that the end cap was out early and pulled it immediately. She told me that stores that release them early get docked points by corporate and TLG.

They ring up fine at the register so you can definitely just grab them and squish them at home and return the duplicates. I barely got my last one before they pulled the display.

Not necessarily... At the Target I visited, when I asked them to check in the back for me, they said that they were not allowed to sell it until May 1st. So I wasn't able to pick up any, but if you call or have them check on their computers it DOES show the amount they have in stock and where on the floor they're supposed to be located. My store has 240 in stock, which means four 60-pack boxes. 

I'm just guessing the Target I was at is too big to let these leaks through... :/ Bummer.

On the topic of in-stock, many of the Walgreens around me still have the Minifigs in their computer systems, averaging about what, 20-25 packs or so per store, but the reality is that they're all OOS. Is this the doing of Brickpickers in my area, or are they really that popular?... The customer service lady who picked up the phone when I called to see if they had any noted that "I'm pretty sure these are out of stock, they seem to be very popular"

...tidbits for thought.

Anyone have similar stories of shops going OOS because of (hopefully non-Brickpicker) popularity? I'm thinking that if most of that interest is coming from normal people and not us, there's a decent possibility of a narrow eBay price spike AFTER the official May 1st release date due to it being sold out everywhere. Not to mention the very likely possibility that retailers and TLG did not expect this sort of surge in interest.

almost walked out of target last night after not seeing these on shelf but then felt a disturbance in the force and let the brickpicker spirit build up inside of me brick by brick and shine through like the FH light brick and decided to really look hard and scour the place.  found them on the friends aisle endcap on a side rack.  dumped endcap into my cart ended up with 80 that seemed to be unmolested as i ended up with 5 ralph wiggums multiple milhouses and no marges - what the ?  went back today to return all the extras /homer/barts that i didn't need and the rack has vanished - where will bart and homer go now?

I agree it's a tough call between these two colors.

What about the light blue "Friends" version? They sell them at TRU. It's only got 8 slots, but you could stack two of them.

Edited to add:

There's also a CHIMA version. Slightly different shade of light blue:

Thanks for the feedback. Shot over to another local TRU to pick up the Friends display cases. $19.99!! Well that quickly got PM'd down to 14.99 ;).

I like the outcome of the pastel sky blue much better!! Goes well with the theme. Total investment for Figs and cases=$80

Now, my goal is only to sell the other 2 full sets at a profit of about $40 profit each to be freeeeee and cleeeeeear. Done!

Sent from my XT1060 using Brickpicker mobile app

post-11849-13984825560922_thumb.jpg

post-11849-13984825831837_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I happened to go to a local Walmart, who I called this morning, at which time they said they had nothing, but found a box with 56 packs.  I bought the box and 47 packs, as the remaining 9 were opened and a mess, and according to the salesperson there, it's a common thing of people opening these and other lego products up to take things from them.  Such a sad world.  They rung up at 3.99/ea.

Thanks for the feedback. Shot over to another local TRU to pick up the Friends display cases. $19.99!! Well that quickly got PM'd down to 14.99 ;).

I like the outcome of the pastel sky blue much better!! Goes well with the theme. Total investment for Figs and cases=$80

Now, my goal is only to sell the other 2 full sets at a profit of about $40 profit each to be freeeeee and cleeeeeear. Done!

Sent from my XT1060 using Brickpicker mobile app

Those look awesome!! I can't tell on my phone...did you end up using the Friends or the CHIMA one? And how did you price match to $14.99??

Northwest Update. Found an open box with 47 packs at Marysville, WA  Walmart. I needed to make 3 sets between me and 2 friends. So I asked one of the lady there if they have any sealed boxes but she didn't want to check.

I didn't have time to feel them out so got all 47 packs anyway. Turned out all right, had 2 full sets and 13/16 for the 3rd set. Only had quadruples in homer and ned flanders. I am quite happy as I don't have to spend too much more to complete the 3rd set.

Also checked Everett, WA Walmart on Highway 99 and they didn't have any. Did not trek to Arlington, WA Walmart but they didn't have any as of this past Monday (21st).