71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

So, are there any Simpson's minifigures that are a part of Series 12 that are essential to go with the house?  I might get a couple houses, but I'm not really going to complete this minifigure set.

If you want non sleepy eyes and different clothes for the house minifigs (Simpsons + Ned), then the cmf is your answer.  Also Grampa and Milhouse from CMF can be nice addition to the house although not necessarily essential

• Like 1

If you want non sleepy eyes and different clothes for the house minifigs (Simpsons + Ned), then the cmf is your answer.  Also Grampa and Milhouse from CMF can be nice addition to the house although not necessarily essential

Thanks! :thumbsup:  I liked The Simpsons, but never watched it as much as I should have.

So, are there any Simpson's minifigures that are a part of Series 12 that are essential to go with the house?  I might get a couple houses, but I'm not really going to complete this minifigure set.

There is a house on Ebay $190 OBO Shipped,  Might be worth looking into.

I have these two if you want them you can trade me for a mystery surprise :)

• Like 1

I think the one with a light blue that best matches the sky of The Simpsons minifigure box would stand out much better in my opinion.

Good call on the light blue Chima version. I think I'm going to go with that for the pastel color. Not overly excited about 2 cases, nor am I excited about how the blue one I used turned out. hanedasu.jpgits not bad, but still too blue IMO
  • Like 1

Good call on the light blue Chima version. I think I'm going to go with that for the pastel color. Not overly excited about 2 cases, nor am I excited about how the blue one I used turned out.

Yeah too bad you can't connect two side by side. I was trying to stack two for my Lego Movie minifigs. Ended up just buying a longer one.

Wife goes grocery shopping last night, comes home with just over 100 packs at $3 each.  "These are the ones you wanted, right?"  Love that woman.

Awesome!  Congrats on the find.  And the great wife.

Is there a way to buy a sealed box without having to go through ebay?

I think people have had success at Toys R Us?

I spent a good 90 minutes working through my open box of 60 last night.  Got through half of it before I went to bed.  Here's what I learned:

1. I suck reading bump codes.

2. I suck at smooshing.

3. The flashlight trick worked on all but two of the 30 bags.

I'm going to try to finish it up tonight.  I found 14 of the 16 figures so far.  I did get better at the smooshing as the night went on.

• Like 1

I picked up the 20 that were left at one of my local Walmarts and had good success with filling out the set.  I did have a hell of a time with smooshing as the heads are all bulky and all feel the same to me.  The packs also don't seem to settle to the bottom well making it hard(for me) to find the smaller parts to distinguish the characters. I know I got some extra Scratchy and Maggie, will throw those up in the trade forum.

I spent a good 90 minutes working through my open box of 60 last night. Got through half of it before I went to bed. Here's what I learned:

1. I suck reading bump codes.

2. I suck at smooshing.

3. The flashlight trick worked on all but two of the 30 bags.

I'm going to try to finish it up tonight. I found 14 of the 16 figures so far. I did get better at the smooshing as the night went on.

Last night at Target, It took me about 30-40 minutes to smoosh through enough to find all 16. It gets easier. Feeling for the small identifiable parts is best. I usually immediately ignore when I feel a body. If you get stuck, shake the bag to shift the pieces and feel again. That's my method and it works for me.

Last night at Target, It took me about 30-40 minutes to smoosh through enough to find all 16. It gets easier. Feeling for the small identifiable parts is best. I usually immediately ignore when I feel a body. If you get stuck, shake the bag to shift the pieces and feel again. That's my method and it works for me.

It was going a lot faster as I got further into it last night.  You're right.  Once you can start picking out Homer's remote, Maggie's teddy bear, Nelson's bat, etc., it's a lot easier.

Thanks for the tip on the LED light, I'll give it a try.  Wish I knew that in the past haha.  Luckily I only needed Lincoln out of the last batch and he was easy to pick out.  

That was a life saver for me last night.  I have an LED flashlight.  I went off into my living room, where it was dark, and could pretty quickly pick things out (Lisa's dress color, the 3 headed fish bowl)

• Like 1

At TRU right now. Guy went in back and pulled 1 full box of 3 for me. Mgr got involved and put a qty limit on me! 20. What? Oh well. Talked him into a price match to 2.99. ;) So I spent 20 min and felt out a full set, then grabbed 6 more at random.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Price match to what ? Where can you find the Simpsons CMF fro $2.99 ?

For those checking Targets mobile app for stock. Most Targets wont have them on the end caps yet but they are already prepared and out of the box that states not to put it up for sale until May 1st. Give an employee the DCPI number and they will go grab it for you. But be quick! A manager caught that the end cap was out early and pulled it immediately. She told me that stores that release them early get docked points by corporate and TLG.

They ring up fine at the register so you can definitely just grab them and squish them at home and return the duplicates. I barely got my last one before they pulled the display.