71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I guess its time to add Target to my list of stores I check every other day to complete my set. I drove over 100 miles on my quest yesterday.

100 miles? You could have saved time and the gas money by buying on ebay. If nothing else, I still have 1 set of 16 left in my store. Maybe we can work on a deal

Why not just buy from me?  Save you the money on gas.

Its almost time where gas would cover you increase cost. I would but I have a feeling that a lot of the places are actually holding them until May 1st. One TRU and one Walgreens out of the countless ones I have been to in a 60 mile radius has released them early. The ones I asked stood by the May 1st release, others didn't even know if they would get them. But at this time if I never had to walk into another Walgreens in my life I would be happy.

I am not even trying to invest in these. If I were I would have just got in early on those boxes for $239. I just want a set to go with my Simpsons House. I like the figures in the CMF better then the doped up versions that come with the House.

Arrrgh! Even though I snagged a full set of 16, I'm kinda regretting not buying the 2 full boxes that were there. Call it an amateurs move I guess. :(

Maybe I was more excited to grab the 2 Monster Fighter Haunted houses (10228) for $135 each, and the Unimog for $175. :)

I dunno....live and learn I guess!

What is the best way to sell these on Ebay?  I have a sealed case of 60 (still in the lego shipping box) and don't have any interest in keeping them. Should I try and figure them out by squishing them and then sell complete sets?  Someone said each box of 60 is a set number of each figure, but how many sets can be had in each box?

So I stopped by the only Wal-mart I've ever seen carry minifigures tonight and they finally had a box out of Simpsons. Half the box was missing and you could tell it had been gone through.

I was in a huge rush so I couldn't feel through all the bags but I grabbed a handful and pretty sure I knew who I got. Ended up being right. Marge, Bart, Flanders, and I haven't opened them yet, but I'm sure the last 2 are Apu and Burns.

Oh and they were $4 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

What is the best way to sell these on Ebay?  I have a sealed case of 60 (still in the lego shipping box) and don't have any interest in keeping them. Should I try and figure them out by squishing them and then sell complete sets?  Someone said each box of 60 is a set number of each figure, but how many sets can be had in each box?

One case yields 3 sets.  I sold 3 complete sets then an itchy and scratchy combo and finally the remaining 10 figs individually.  Only have two Marge's left and have a profit of well over 100 bucks.  Not a bad return on a 188 dollar (after tax) case and a weeks time :P.

This is a LEGO Investment site.  So....

If you know this is an investment site then why would you offer to sell something to another investor at an inflated market value. 

How do you know I wouldn't have offered it at my cost?  You filled in the blank, not me.  I never contacted the member, never mentioned a price.  You just chose to assume that I would be "inflating" a price.  No reason to jump to conclusions my friend.

I mentioned previously that I was able to pick up a couple of boxes at Legoland California with my annual pass discount.  And as much as I'd love to offer that up to everyone, the reality is that once you figure in tax, plus postage, and maybe throwing a *tiny* bone my way (like the cost of a soda or Jack-in-the-Box taco), anyone buying from me would be spending more than they would if they ordered them direct, or from the link on the top banner.

If I could help out my fellow investors by getting them a deal that would save them some money, I would gladly do so.  I was merely pointing out to the person that posted that there are other ways to acquire what he's looking for, other than driving 100 miles.  And if he wants to throw a lot of money at this, I'm more than willing to part with a set to help him out.  (Tongue firmly planted in cheek)

• Like 1

I'm about to open a set for display. Need an opinion....the Yellow or the Blue case. I'm leaning towards the yellow. Thoughts?

I agree it's a tough call between these two colors.

What about the light blue "Friends" version? They sell them at TRU. It's only got 8 slots, but you could stack two of them.

pTRU1-17274912enh-z6.jpg

Edited to add:

There's also a CHIMA version. Slightly different shade of light blue:

pTRU1-16882053_alternate2_enh-z6.jpg

I agree it's a tough call between these two colors.

What about the light blue "Friends" version? They sell them at TRU. It's only got 8 slots, but you could stack two of them.

Edited to add:

There's also a CHIMA version. Slightly different shade of light blue:

I think the one with a light blue that best matches the sky of The Simpsons minifigure box would stand out much better in my opinion.
  • Like 2