71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

not sure if i understand.  i was talking about there could be demand lost in the Simpsons CMFs if too many of these figures are also available in sets.  e.g.  there is more demand for the wyldstyle minifig from the sets than the CMF version.

Got it. Apparently I did not read your post correctly the first time ;)

I might be picking up a sealed box. Finally after days of visiting all the Walgreens and Walmarts around me I was able to find a Walgreens with some in stock. The box was gone an all they had left were 4 Marges and a Maggie. Not looking too good.

I have all I want to get and have some extras available. If interested, send me a PM to work out details. I'll sell them at $4.50 each , plus shipping. That will cover my cost and PayPal fees.

Marge x4, Bart x2, Maggie, Homer x3, Itchy x2, Krusty x2

U.S. Shipping only please

Ehh? What kind of flashlight are you using? Does this really work?

For sale, or to keep? If it's for sale, I can imagine multiple reasons why sealed packs are more favorable over opened ones. Mint collectibility, or if you want to buy it as a gift to someone you'd rather have the receiver have the experience of opening a new pack instead of an already opened pack, while also receiving the minifigs they want.

You might not see a premium, but I'm sure there are others that do, among other reasons I probably can't even think of.

I use a powerful LED flashlight. You move the small pieces to the bottom of the package. Hold the flashlight directly underneath the package right up against it on the front of the package. Hold the little flap of the package back on the back side. In that small space where the is no printing on the package you can see the pieces inside the package. It works. I successfully identified a whole case on the previously series of minifigs using this method. I just tried it with the Simpsons minifigs and it works also.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

• Like 2

I use a powerful LED flashlight. You move the small pieces to the bottom of the package. Hold the flashlight directly underneath the package right up against it on the front of the package. Hold the little flap of the package back on the back side. In that small space where the is no printing on the package you can see the pieces inside the package. It works. I successfully identified a whole case on the previously series of minifigs using this method. I just tried it with the Simpsons minifigs and it works also.

Hot Tip. Thx for sharing.

Took me under 2 hours all told. Seperated into three piles by weight (lite, medium, heavy). Then took my time feeling to make sure. Many packs I was pretty sure who I had in less than 10 seconds. 3 complete sets and itchy and scratchy combo sold in less than 2 days. Could have probably made more but decided to move them quickly before supply increased.

weight...hmmmm. I am intrigued now. Do you have actual weights by minifig?

Good tip. Was skeptical at first, but it does work. I doubt I'll bring my flashlight into a store though. :)

I think my sense of touch is off bc I'm terrible at smooshing. Once you identify one set initially, the rest can be sorted by weight if your scale is precise enough.

Good tip. Was skeptical at first, but it does work. I doubt I'll bring my flashlight into a store though. :)

Yeah I know. I was just thinking that. I might give it a try tomorrow anyway. I'm missing 5 from the set i want. The toy section at my walmart is off in a corner so not that many people around in the middle of the day.

I've got rotten luck, have somewhere around 80 individual packs now scrounged from various retail stores -- none of which had a full case I could buy -- and I still don't have a complete set.  I've got two nearly complete sets -- just missing Nelson and his bat for both -- and more homers than I could possibly ever want.

No...one would need a pretty accurate scale for that. It more just helped seperate similar figures. Bart was one of the lightest and marge was one of the heaviest if memory serves.

Bart and Marge are both on the heavy side, bart's got that big skateboard -- the two lightest minifigs I've got are the two kids with the 2x2 tiles -- Milhouse and Chief Wiggins kid (I can't ever remember his name.)

When working with a new set, I sort my initial pile of packs by weight (I use a gram scale with .02 gram accuracy) -- you'll see that they tend to group up in clumps.  I take one from the largest clump and split it to get a check list.  Then going by weight I start checking them against the list.  Having sorted by weight, once I find an identifying item -- all the other similar figures should be clumped together with it making identification go quickly.

Individual minifigs can vary a bit, so two very similar minifigs can have weights that overlap -- going from memory the two kids with the plates were something like 10.20 to 10.30 grams for one kid and 10.25 to 10.35 for the other.  And their heads just feel like misshapen lumpy blobs, so I couldn't identify from them -- resorted to using the flash light trick with an uber bright LED flash light we own that puts out something like 1300 lumins.

So far here's my experience... After going through 4 cases (1) at walmart and (2) at meijer (1) target... Milhouse, Apu, and Ralph we're hardest to come by... (Found more Milhouse and Ralph at Target but still slim)

Do they make more of certain figures or is it just my luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Itchy's head is weird and its smaller than you would think...it almost feels like its in a small bag. I confirmed mine by the spikey caveman club and the stubby legs. I think only one was I able to feel the head and that was because of the mouse ears.

yeah all the other itchy's I've found, I can feel the ears on the head like you said. I swear this one is missing. Hmmm... Maybe it's a limited variant with blood on the body and a missing head. (Wishful thinking)

So far here's my experience... After going through 4 cases (1) at walmart and (2) at meijer (1) target... Milhouse, Apu, and Ralph we're hardest to come by... (Found more Milhouse and Ralph at Target but still slim)

Do they make more of certain figures or is it just my luck?

Vid of opening 60 can fwd to end.  Yes fewer of some.

• Like 1