71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Yeah the Walmarts around me are not the best with customer service compared to other Walmarts if it could even get any worse. A Walgreens close to me has a good amount of Lego Movie ones left so hopefully the Simpson ones will get over looked there too. Just want a set for myself to go with the house I just started building.

There are a bunch of completed Ebay auctions for various Simpsons minifigs for $5-6 each, most offering free shipping.  I'm curious how they are expecting to make any money (or maybe they aren't?) after the $3.99 retail price per pack + Ebay and PayPal fees, and $1.93 shipping?  Maybe they bought a bunch and are dumping the ones they don't want?  Any thoughts?

People aren't making much money after fees and shipping costs and future taxes, this is an example of nickel and dime profits and a waste of time unless your job is to sell Lego.

This is my observation as well. I found 16 figs at a Walmart for $3 each a few days ago. I bought them all and went home to smoosh them to see what I had. After determining what I had and checking sold listings, I figured I would make between $2-$3 profit at the most IF they sold for $9 each. With the small window of time between now and when they are officially released to the public, I figured it wasn't worth the time and trouble to maybe make a $35 profit. I had my wife return them yesterday. I'll leave the flipping and parting out to the experts. It's not for me.

Well this sucks. Been to stores all around the area and still haven't seen any for sale. Hope I don't miss it some how and they sell out before the release date.

i had to go to 4 walmarts 3 separate times over a 2 week period in order to score one box.  it was like a mirage the day i finally scored it.  the last two days i have gone back and politely asked walmart restocker employees to scan the UPN and see if they have any - prepared to bribe on the hint of any whiff of stock yet no one has any .  i also have yet to see one in the 3 walgreens i have started to haunt.

They were selling at some wallmarts for under 3.00.  I think $2.97 because they were out of the Lego movie ones they advertised.  But no luck finding them around me.

There are a bunch of completed Ebay auctions for various Simpsons minifigs for $5-6 each, most offering free shipping.  I'm curious how they are expecting to make any money (or maybe they aren't?) after the $3.99 retail price per pack + Ebay and PayPal fees, and $1.93 shipping?  Maybe they bought a bunch and are dumping the ones they don't want?  Any thoughts?

'>

From the following post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/22quq1/simpsons_lego_minfigs_found_at_eastern_nc_walmart/

It's very possible that they found the Walmart discount, and are able to sell for much less and still be in a decent profit margin. Combined with vincevaughn's explanation, it's less likely that they don't understand fees and more likely that they're just thriftier than us in finding and selling these things. :P

Can someone explain what "bump codes" are? From what I've understood they're used to differentiate which character is in which bag, but I'm not sure where it is on the bag...or if I even understand it right in the first place.

'>

From the following post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/22quq1/simpsons_lego_minfigs_found_at_eastern_nc_walmart/

It's very possible that they found the Walmart discount, and are able to sell for much less and still be in a decent profit margin. Combined with vincevaughn's explanation, it's less likely that they don't understand fees and more likely that they're just thriftier than us in finding and selling these things. :P

Can someone explain what "bump codes" are? From what I've understood they're used to differentiate which character is in which bag, but I'm not sure where it is on the bag...or if I even understand it right in the first place.

My walmart had the same flyer so it looks to be a widespread thing from posts on this site that people are getting these for 2.97 each.  That is actually what tipped me to try to get a case as I am not generally a flipper.

It would be funny if despite Lego upping the price by a dollar that the regular retailers (Wal-Mart, Target, and so on) continued to sell these for the $2.99 instead of new $3.99. The Simpsons is one they could probably get away with due to all the fans but I kind of doubt any normal unlicensed series afterwards would fly that way.

The bump codes are on the bottom back part of the bag, where the sealed part is. There are bumps on the sealed part, but I find that feeling them for accessory parts is more reliable and quicker.

Found a half empty display case of these at Target today for 3.99, picked up all 41 bags, managed one full set.

• Like 2

there is a pattern of faint little round circles impressed into the foil at the bottom of every pack.

you may need to hold it slightly offset with the light to see them.

the pattern is unique to each figure.

this is 100% reliable once you have made the correct diagram and hold it up to the bottom or memorize it.

feeling the figure is not 100% reliable and also pack is not quite mint after your finger oils sweat etc get smeared all over.

this allows you to sell the minifigures sealed for much more and also then you don't have to buy any extra packaging bags or deal with the hassle of taking it out.

• Like 2

there is a pattern of faint little round circles impressed into the foil at the bottom of every pack.

this is 100% reliable once you have made the correct diagram and hold it up to the bottom or memorize it.

feeling the figure is not 100% reliable and also pack is not quite mint after your finger oils sweat etc get smeared all over.

iirc, the bump codes are different for different regions so relying on it is risky. Feeling for it is much easier and reliable... with practise of course  :thumbsup:

The bump codes are on the bottom back part of the bag, where the sealed part is. There are bumps on the sealed part, but I find that feeling them for accessory parts is more reliable and quicker.

this allows you to sell the minifigures sealed for much more and also then you don't have to buy any extra packaging bags or deal with the hassle of taking it out.

Thanks pikablueey and cladner, very useful.

iirc, the bump codes are different for different regions so relying on it is risky. Feeling for it is much easier and reliable... with practise of course  :thumbsup:

This is my first time feeling through polybags, and the fact that some figures, like Milhouse and Ralph only having physical differences in their heads with identical kid legs, torso, and 2x2 accessory, makes bump codes something nice to fall back on. There's not enough in stock around me for me to practice on... :(

• Like 1

The eBay store, minifiguresplus, just listed sealed cases of the 71005 Simpsons Minifigures for $239.99.  I bought from them many times and always received a great product.  These minifigures will sell like very, very well...so don't miss the opportunity.  Remember, they will be selling for $3.99 individually, so this is a solid deal with FREE SHIPPING and NO TAX.  

• Like 2

Thanks for posting! Good price if you are in the States. Not so good if you are in Canada. $240 + (the quote is $45 shipping) = $285. Exchange rate is about 1.10 today, so approx $313.50. Is Canadian MSRP $4.99 on these if US is $3.99? I haven`t paid any attention to these figures much less their price xD