71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I just picked up a case of 60 still nice and minty fresh in its original LEGO shipping box.  I've never really done the minifig thing before (these Simpsons ones are so cool though, I couldn't resist) and I wondering what the best strategy is for investment purpose:  1) keep the case sealed and pristine, or 2) open it up, separate the 3 complete sets and then go smoosh some individual bags to complete the 4th set?

I just picked up a case of 60 still nice and minty fresh in its original LEGO shipping box.  I've never really done the minifig thing before (these Simpsons ones are so cool though, I couldn't resist) and I wondering what the best strategy is for investment purpose:  1) keep the case sealed and pristine, or 2) open it up, separate the 3 complete sets and then go smoosh some individual bags to complete the 4th set?

I would keep the case sealed!

Since you have a sealed case, you know exactly what's in there from the various posts made by other people that show the minifig breakdown -- I  forget which ones, but you are missing 4 figures to make that 4th complete set.  If you're willing to wait on the investment -- I'd say keep it sealed, smoosh up the 4 extras for a complete set -- and wait to see how the series does.

Personally I'm hoping LEGO has kept the production run to exactly the same size they did for the Movie minifigs and that it'll completely sell out by mid-June from retailers.

Edit: you can always break that seal and sell individual sets, but once it's broken you can't put it back...

Since you have a sealed case, you know exactly what's in there from the various posts made by other people that show the minifig breakdown -- I  forget which ones, but you are missing 4 figures to make that 4th complete set.  If you're willing to wait on the investment -- I'd say keep it sealed, smoosh up the 4 extras for a complete set -- and wait to see how the series does.

actually you can make 5 complete sets from a case but you need more than 4 figures.  

to get 5 complete sets from a case the extras you need are:

1 extra LISA, MAGGIE, KRUSTY, ITCHY, SCRATCHY, and FLANDERS.

2 extra Nelson, Milhouse, Ralph, Burns, Grandpa, Wiggum and Apu.

So that's 20 extra figures on top of the 60.

I'm keeping my 3 cases sealed.

I was at Target, and the selection was almost all gone.   :no:

But luckily an employee saw, and did an inventory scan, and noted that there were 72 in the back, which he instructed to another Target associate to go get.  His words were specifically "it should be a box, and then a bunch of loose packages".   :w00t:

My ears perked up, and I hung around till they brought them out.   :whistle:

And when the associate came out with the sealed Lego box, I told him that I wanted to buy the full box.  Score!   :hyper:

But then when I went to pay, the associate had to open up the outer Lego shipping box :hmm: , and then the sealed minifigure box :cry:  to count how many were in there, even though I told him there were 60, and even though you could deduce it from the number that were brought out.  

Then he proceeded to try scanning a package 60 times.   :ermm:   Before he passed the teens, I asked him wouldn't it be easier to just scan once and hit the quantity x 60?  His response:  "oh, why didn't I think of that...?"

Man, what a roller coaster of a ride... But at least I have a box!   :flowers:

I would keep the case sealed!

What if you wanted one set for your own personal collection and thought you could unload the rest to help offset the cost? :) Would you complete the last set(s) by smooshing and unload complete sets now or later?

What if you wanted one set for your own personal collection and thought you could unload the rest to help offset the cost? :) Would you complete the last set(s) by smooshing and unload complete sets now or later?

No I'd get them other ways by either trading, finding in store by smooshing, or buying outright. 

• Like 1

I was checking out bricklink some days back and one guy in Germany had 8000+ boxes of 60 polybags.

Is this for real or some huge typo? Any bricklinkers that know how this is?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

post-29559-14001834289738_thumb.jpg

The screenshot of bricklink shows some stores on bricklink stock huge amounts.

Does this mean the market will be flooded?

What does this mean for the measly 20 polybags I got as an "investment"?

Your thoughts please!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Brickpicker

I was checking out bricklink some days back and one guy in Germany had 8000+ boxes of 60 polybags.

Is this for real or some huge typo? Any bricklinkers that know how this is?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

Yea, his name is Dr. Dre! Lol

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker1400183428.796025.jpg

The screenshot of bricklink shows some stores on bricklink stock huge amounts.

Does this mean the market will be flooded?

What does this mean for the measly 20 polybags I got as an "investment"?

Your thoughts please!

That's not 8000 boxes its 369. They are selling lots of 60 packs, i.e. complete boxes.

22,140 divided by 60 = 369.

Doesn't currently mean your 20 polybags will be worth more or less until LEGO stops producing these things and people stop selling them at retail.

That's not 8000 boxes its 369. They are selling lots of 60 packs, i.e. complete boxes.

22,140 divided by 60 = 369.

Doesn't currently mean your 20 polybags will be worth more or less until LEGO stops producing these things and people stop selling them at retail.

So as long as they sell retail and run out in weeks "we" brickpickers are "save" :)) good to know.

I just picked up the 60 minifigs i ordered from Chapters.  Still minty fresh in the original LEGO shipping box.  Very nice.

Nice! So a sealed case in a shipping box? May have to order some, these are looking to be a better investment than I thought. 

The 15% off coupon expired for Indigo/Chapters and I don't see another way of buying these at a discount.

It will be back. Chapters has been doing this for a few years now. There are periods when you can use the promo, then not, then back again. I`d be surprised if it didn`t show up again in a month or two. Similar to sears.ca in that sense, with their monthly-ish Lego sale. Keep an eye out  :thumbsup:

Nice! So a sealed case in a shipping box? May have to order some, these are looking to be a better investment than I thought. 

The LEGO shipping box had been opened so they could put my invoice inside (the box still has the "Do Not Put On Shelves Until May 1st" sticker on it, which I think is kind of neat, for some reason) but the actual case is still sealed.  It isn't shrink-wrapped or anything, just sticker seals like on any regular box of LEGO. 

One thing did notice upon further inspection is that the case only has two seals, one on each side and nothing on the front, so it's possible to slide up the front flap just enough to get access to the polybags inside without actually damaging the seals.  My case seems untouched, but it might be something to consider.

If the 15OFFWEEKENDS promotion is still live, it's a pretty good deal.

I am completing my personal collection. Not sure about investing in this one yet.

I have 15/16. I still haven't found Nelson. Went through about 30 or more bags at Target tonight. I would have gone through the whole end cap but one of the employees kept eyeing me and asking if I needed help then decided to pretend he was organizing the aisle across from mine and kept glancing at my actions. Maybe I look like a thief idk lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker