71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

MAYBE it's just my luck, but it feels (hehe, feel? (????)? ) like Apu and Mr Burns are the hardest to find. I've felt countless Milhouse, Ralph, and Nelsons, with a decent amount of Grampas, followed by Chief Wiggums in terms of rarity, but I just have the most insane difficulty finding Apu and Mr Burns, even though these all statistically have the same probability of being found. Has anyone else confirmed for themselves the box distribution numbers posted in this thread? 

Here they are again if you need it:

Homer 5

Marge 5

Bart 5

Lisa 4

Maggie 4

Krusty 4

Itchy 4

Scratchy 4

Ned Flanders 4

Nelson 3

Millhouse 3

Ralph 3

Mr Burns 3

Grampa 3

Chief Wiggum 3

Apu 3

Well I finally gave in to temptation and got myself a Mr. Burns and Homer. I figured Burns' suit would look great amongst the other business men of Lego and the nuclear rod has plenty of uses aside from a lightsaber while Homer's attire with a different head wearing a ball cap will make the perfect yokel. Haha. I must say the detail on the torsos and accessories although simple are nice and even though the heads still seem a bit big, they truly are done very well. I am thinking about possibly picking up a Lisa as her red dress could work for a grownup lady and I don't mind having another saxophone in my collection. I'm debating on whether or not to pick up a Maggie considering she is the first Lego infant after all.

Anyway, despite already saying I am not a big fan of The Simpsons and an even lesser one of the new price for these Minifigures (ugh), I have no problem admitting that a lot of time, skillful effort, and pure dedication went into these characters. They really don't work alongside 'regular' minifigures with those huge heads and simple cartoony detailed torsos (on most) though but I digress.

On a side note of observation, it is interesting how on Homer's arms you can actually feel with your nail the edge between the end of his sleeve and the start of his lower arm. They really did mold two different colors together instead of trying to print it on there. Also there were absolutely no bubbles at all in Burns' nuclear rod piece. It was simply perfect all around.

I picked the 3 Mr Burns out of my box right away. It seemed really easy to find them.

On the other hand, Apu and Grandpa seemed like they were the hardest for me to find.

Mr. Burns was definitely super easy to pick out with that nuclear rod and standard minifigure head (for the three eyed fish). I don't know about Grandpa but I figure finding Apu would be much like Larry the Barista from The Lego Movie as they both have the same unique Starbucks coffee cup. It feels almost like a single stud cylinder except fluted with the top being wider than the bottom if that makes any sense.
  • Like 2

I can't wait to see which other sets and minifigures we get from the theme. Maybe the school, the comic shop, Brick-e-Mart, the Bart bot/mech or whatever that was, and a mini Springfield-themed "board" game (kinda like the one from the Hobbit). Great episode!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Bought 15 at target yesterday, feeling the packs a bit but relying mostly on random selection as the packs on the rack felt unsearched.

Opened them with my wife while watching Game of Thrones.

We were both really impressed by the quality- they really are beautiful and well made and I think are worth the extra $.

Got duplicates of Apu, scratchy and Mr. Burns.

Got no Homer, Bart, Nelson, or Grandpa but all in all seemed like quite a good draw

Bought 15 at target yesterday, feeling the packs a bit but relying mostly on random selection as the packs on the rack felt unsearched.

Opened them with my wife while watching Game of Thrones.

We were both really impressed by the quality- they really are beautiful and well made and I think are worth the extra $.

Got duplicates of Apu, scratchy and Mr. Burns.

Got no Homer, Bart, Nelson, or Grandpa but all in all seemed like quite a good draw

• Like 1

Guest ph4tb0i

looking at mr. burns from a distance just now made me wonder if maybe someone at Lego was making a star wars cross-over by giving him that uranium stick

It's an inanimate carbon rod... Not a big simpsons fan I presume?

Episode Reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Space_Homer

I love Ralph and Milhouse's accessories.. classics. haha

I love the Simpson's actually-have watched them on and off since the pilot but missed that episode thanks for the education.  A shame they couldn't do Smithers with a Barbie. 

WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

So if there is a wave 2 in the near future, looks like it may include...

(All my guesses)

Another version of the family except Maggie and Lisa. Bart might be El Barto. Would be cool if Homer was Mr Plow.

Moe

Barney

Edna

Smithers

Skinner

Comic book guy

Marge's sisters Selma and Patty

Doc Hibbert

Sideshow Bob

Rev Lovejoy

Carl

Lenny

Guest ph4tb0i

I wonder if it is worth stocking up and selling at a later date. They have been clearing out of all my stores, and I don't think the lego store even had any in stock.

DEFINITELY worth picking up. I really don't think they will stop at Series 1 with Simpsons, in which case the figs have a good chance of appreciating over time. 

Bought 198 figs at 3.36 (approx $3.08 USD each) this weekend because of the chapters coupon code. 

Coming from a supply chain manufacturing background, I would suspect, as someone has mentioned here already, that the bump code is more likely an indicator of production campaign rather than an accurate way to decide which character is which. Everything that is manufactured has a way of tracing it all the way back to its date and time manufactured and is very common for it to appear on the external packaging. Bump code A might be 100,000 Homer Simpson's, but they won't all necessarily in one box have that same bump code.

This is just a guess. I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

i flipped 3 complete opened sets for  $267 (88.99 each) in the last 3 days.

i bought them at walmart for 2.97 ($48 a set) each so not a terrible return .

i have 10 more sealed sets and still waiting on sealed cases which I'm holding onto for now.

i continue to buy all individual sealed figures waiting for the slow second rise in price once they are soldout.

what's weird about this minifigure series is that the most common figures (Bart, Homer, Marge) will also be the most popular.

I smooshed 3 burns and Apu and several Milhouses and Ralphs at a target yesterday but out of the 50 I smooshed only 1 Homer and 2 Barts.