Virtual LEGO Investing Game - Win Prizes!

It will be interesting. I was going to mention something earlier but refrained in the spirit of competition, but will say it now that everything is all set. Anyone who decided to get a lot of sets is toast. It is highly unlikely someone can win that went with all $30 or less sets, the $3 dollar juice is too high to overcome. (I also think it is unrealistic to implement it like this but that is another topic.) I would be willing to bet that the winner would be very different if that fee wasn't there.

• 1 month later...

Alright Grolim, the site update is hours old, time to update the contest results ;)

I can't check at work, but I wonder if anyone picked the Zoo or VH?

You're keen! :D

I am too actually.  Just woke up (it's 8:30am Saturday here) to the new update.  I'll run an update today and should hopefully be able to post an update to the contest later on.

No one has a Zoo.  Lego pizza has 3 x VH and Stephen_Rockefeller has 10.

You're keen! :D

I am too actually.  Just woke up (it's 8:30am Saturday here) to the new update.  I'll run an update today and should hopefully be able to post an update to the contest later on.

No one has a Zoo.  Lego pizza has 3 x VH and Stephen_Rockefeller has 10.

As long as the stats are updated eventually I am happy.

I was assuming VH was Vampyre Hearse, though Van Halen would be better :D

Just waiting on a few set data minor issues to be ironed out.  but I can tell you from my first run of the data that those with 6866 Wolverine Chopper have done well.  IAmElim has his whole portfolio on them so will top the list.

After the selling and handling fees are taken into account, there are only 6 out of 84 entries that have so far managed to make a positive return above the initial $1k capital.  Early days though, still 4 months to go.

I'll post a full league table and various stats later on tonight or tomorrow.

I was assuming VH was Vampyre Hearse, though Van Halen would be better :D

Just waiting on a few set data minor issues to be ironed out.  but I can tell you from my first run of the data that those with 6866 Wolverine Chopper have done well.  IAmElim has his whole portfolio on them so will top the list.

After the selling and handling fees are taken into account, there are only 6 out of 84 entries that have so far managed to make a positive return above the initial $1k capital.  Early days though, still 4 months to go.

I'll post a full league table and various stats later on tonight or tomorrow.

The 6866 Wolverine Chopper had a relatively low value at the moment of chosing my portfolio. I was selling them at 50$ while the value was 35,65$. It was only a matter of time before the real value would be transfered to the BP value.

• 1 month later...
Guest betsy805

I am still rooting for mikemcd to win it all.  Just hold your money and do not buy LEGO :D  He should get 0.8% monthly interest assuming he put it all in a savings account

He's probably right.  I think everyone should start doing this.  Immediately.  :shifty:

Great work Grolim! I'm almost last. lol

My entry ain't far above yours :D

so only 6 people have actually made money....LOL!

As DNIIM said, after fees.  The "Portfolio Value" is supposed to represent the cash value realised if the holdings were sold, so the selling and handling fee is taken out.

I am still rooting for mikemcd to win it all.  Just hold your money and do not buy LEGO :D  He should get 0.8% monthly interest assuming he put it all in a savings account

Maybe.  He's a cautious fellow and decided to put the cash under his mattress, doesn't trust dem bank neither!

Looking forward to seeing what the March price update does to the standings once available.

Guest TabbyBoy

13th.  The thing is I actually have those sets and playing it for real.  I hope nobody has CITY crap as they will come 84th!