What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

ravenb99, do you use FBA ? If not, do you have people helping you pack that many sets ?

No FBA,  only ebay, I do most of it myself.  Just have everything down (been doing it since 1999).  Ship about 100-250 packages a day.  Wish it was all LEGO but unfortunately it is not.  Takes about 20 min to pack 25 advents so I love LEGO orders.  The Amazon stuff we sell is not so quick.  

The mail truck was literally filled with advents the past 2 days lol. 

SW Advent at $60? Is that with shipping? If so how are is it even worth the time. Even at $30 it's only $10-$15 profit.

yes free shipping, have to nowadays to be competitive.

$60-5.40 ebay  - 1.50 pp - $8 average to ship  = $45  Paid anywhere from $23-30 for the ones sold so far.  So rougly $19 profit each.  In volume it adds up well.

Had I had them I could of sold approx 100-150 yesterday alone (based on how many I sold per hour).   So yes it was worth the time.  1 listing and multiple sales without doing anything (other than buying the product over the last few months) and packing them which is very simple for these.

The next batches will be sold higher as I have higher cost.  I do not hold out for the very last rush on all products.  First off its risky.  Prices are never guaranteed to reach a certain level.  They usually do but its not 100%.    Secondly I don't like to be the one that sells that much bulk at $80 or so.  You can run into more returns / possibly disgruntled customers from buyer remorse of paying $80 for a $40 set.  At $60 your customers are happy as they didn't have to hunt around for it.  Sure I'll sell some at the higher rates but prefer to do it this way.     

• Like 5

Is eBay the best place to sell lots? I am not even sure how to do that on Amazon. I would like to group a few small sets together and sell them...just lacking direction.

I would say ebay is great for lots. I usually do them by theme and do a lot of my clearance sets that way. They're usually sets that wouldn't be worthwhile selling by itself. I try to do them at $100 levels so i can clear at least $25. I'll do a bunch of different options and then relist as they sell. The $20 superhero sets are great for these. Most are $20 with 3 minifigs and can be bought for 12-$15. Can do 5 or more in a lot and do alright. Throw a matching theme polybag in also. Gives the lot a little bonus. Even larger lots do well. Sold a lot of t1 mini cooper and sopwith lots over the summer. All were in stock but could grind $75 per lot.

I just sold a 10242 Mini Cooper for $117 plus shipping.  I bought it when they first came out, and never really liked it taking up space (and money) in my inventory.  I sold the mini polybag that came with it a while back.  Between the two, I figure I netted about $28 profit.

They're regularly featured in the new Star Wars cartoon and there are no such sets in stores, not even for action figures. I'm dreaming of a Tie-funded Christmas......

Hasbro released the Inquisitor's Prototype Tie (in this week's episode) that will fit the 3 3/4" figs.

It's pretty cool.

They're regularly featured in the new Star Wars cartoon and there are no such sets in stores, not even for action figures. I'm dreaming of a Tie-funded Christmas......

Hasbro released the Inquisitor's Prototype Tie (in this week's episode) that will fit the 3 3/4" figs.

It's pretty cool.