What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

Doing some organizing today...out with the old, in with the new.

We have a "what did you not buy today" thread, maybe we need a "what did you not sell today" thread also.

My calculator says yes to these two, but my hoarding heart says no, just can't do it...too nice of a set...my preeeciousss:

swhoXQCl.jpg

Some sets just aren't worth selling for that reason alone!  I couldn't sell it either, looks to good!

• Like 1

Some sets just aren't worth selling for that reason alone!  I couldn't sell it either, looks to good!

I put together an Emerald Night from a bulk set I bought.  Unfortunately, the engine wasn't there; it as only the tender and the passenger car.  They were beautiful.  It was tempting to keep, but I sold them.

How much did the tender and pass car go for?

Yeah, it is one heck of a nice set.

I should have sold them as a set, and instead sold them individually. I'm convinced I would have made more selling them together.

The passenger car went for $165 and the tender for $60. Both were listed as used, since I had gotten them in a bulk lot.

I see sets of series 2 approaching $80 on eBay. This seems a bit higher than when I last checked a month ago. Regardless, if $80 per set now and only expected to appreciate in the future, then it is almost a no-brainer to be buying at $40-$45 per set. Not exactly worth it to sell now unless you have dozens of complete sets and access to more.

Edited by imirish11