What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

I don't know, mad anthony was below me price-wise. But thanks to internet and social media, I can actually see who the buyer is. And AE is probably arab emirates, so must be some forwarding service

I think it is safer than you think

AE (armed forces in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Canada)

See here to interpret https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080428050244AAHeZ2h

Should I be worried too much if someone bought RI from me on amazon, and I am in 105+ price range, I.e. not even first page of sellers? Billing country is AE, shipping to new york, address mentions DBX. Is this military APO forwarding of some sort?

yes you got it correct. i am sure you already know this that you have to fill out a separate form for that and use USPS. also make sure that you insure the package. Reason i say this is because the tracking you will get is someplace in chicago, IL and then its gone inside the army distribution. nothing to track

I was considering both, totally seperate or all the same. If they are all the same and you're legit, I'm thinking you could make a good name for yourself but the traceability scares me.

Unless you become a national chain I wouldn't worry too much about name recognition. I've always thought it best to keep things distinct and separate. Part of that was all my years in retail and not wanting to get busted abusing my discount. I also like to always have a fallback, thus more than one ebay account. Each linked to a different email and PayPal account.

yes you got it correct. i am sure you already know this that you have to fill out a separate form for that and use USPS. also make sure that you insure the package. Reason i say this is because the tracking you will get is someplace in chicago, IL and then its gone inside the army distribution. nothing to track

Nah, looks like forwarding to emirates. AE is mentioned only as billing country. Shipping address does not mention AE. Matched on some teacher in abu dabi in linked in. I guess teachers there are paid quite well

Unless you become a national chain I wouldn't worry too much about name recognition. I've always thought it best to keep things distinct and separate. Part of that was all my years in retail and not wanting to get busted abusing my discount. I also like to always have a fallback, thus more than one ebay account. Each linked to a different email and PayPal account.

You don't want name recognition from ban hammer though

Good point, I'll heed your suggestion and keep it seperate.

Guest TabbyBoy

Sold a zombies 9465 for 175 euros.......should of held out for more.

Down to the last 1 now.........sniff

A fool and his money are soon parted, well done!