What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

Sold my last Catwoman today...have one built and son playing with it already so didn't mind letting this final sealed box go.  $35 after fees and shipping costs.  Still relatively new to this hobby -  bittersweet to see some of the sets I purchased for investing when I started disappearing for good from my closet.  Make way for new sets/opportunities.  I would like to take this opportunity to say thank-you to Catwoman, Hulk, Cap Am, Two Face, Wolverine, Kingdom Chess set, 41999, TC-14, etc. for helping me with ROI the past 6-10months.

My inventory is 'small' but hope to see Superman vs Lex, Spiderman Cycle, Rovers, Uruk Army, and Grand Emporiums bring in some steady ROI the next 6-12months :)  Maybe Funhouse and Arctic Batman will be a surprise with nice margins before 2016 too.         

• Like 3

Sold my 4 RI's for 79, 69, 67, 65. I may regret it later, but I figured to prices were too good to pass up right now. Maybe I'll get lucky and get more later, but if not, no regrets. Funny that they were sold in that order;  you can see the price dip as all the other resellers get their shipments. If the hype stays like this, and there is no restock, the prices should rebound back to the 80's

Sold my 4 RI's for 79, 69, 67, 65. I may regret it later, but I figured to prices were too good to pass up right now. Maybe I'll get lucky and get more later, but if not, no regrets. Funny that they were sold in that order; you can see the price dip as all the other resellers get their shipments. If the hype stays like this, and there is no restock, the prices should rebound back to the 80's

That's before or after shipping/fees?

$$?

$520 but doing local pickup

Yeah I saw the lot of 10 you had on ebay 520.00 isn't to bad. Hope you have more though I think they will go higher.

Yeah I had them at $597 with local pickup it should save me around $40 in fees and shipping. I also did a trade locally for 10 more. I think they will go higher too even if they do another round and deffinetly in the long run. I found them on TRU when they first had them with no limit bought 50 then posted deal. I wanted to recover some of my out lay just not sure if I should have used this set to do it.

Edit and using one of my many grey area techniques I only paid $160/10

• Like 1

Yeah I had them at $597 with local pickup it should save me around $40 in fees and shipping. I also did a trade locally for 10 more. I think they will go higher too even if they do another round and deffinetly in the long run. I found them on TRU when they first had them with no limit bought 50 then posted deal. I wanted to recover some of my out lay just not sure if I should have used this set to do it.

Not bad. Pretty good actually considering the increased (slowly) stock the past week. After I sold all of mine for $56 per, I used some of the profits to buy 3 more. I'm still holding onto my lone RI from Aug 1 (didn't buy more then , ugh).

killer cagr for a set that's been out 16 days especially w/o the fees or shipping .

also you have avoided the main risk i see with cashing in on this set right now on ebay in that by having a private transaction you have no further financial culpability and  paypal cannot force you to take them back and give up your refund with sweet profits + wasted shipping fees 5-6 weeks from now if/when they show back up en masse in TRUs throughout North America  and savvy (hate that word) buyers decide they'd rather pocket the perceived $25 overpay when they can pay $20 at TRU, file a claim and send back the RI to the original seller.

• Like 1

Sold the following sets on the weekend...not bad for a small time reseller/investor.  Didn't have exact shipping boxes for 'irregular shape' sets like Camper and Gungan Sub so had to do some custom shipping box cutting.  Adds some work to the process but I don't have enough of these sets or similar sizes to bulk buy exact shipping boxes for value. 

After fees and shipping costs:  $103 Gungan Sub (9499)...kinda of a dud, glad only 1 left.  $200 VW TI Camper (10220)...surprised.  $90 Mars Rover...been selling about 1 a week so far, will have to slowly raise listing price soon as stock dwindles by holiday season.  I'm don't have patience to hold for potential +$150, let other investors cash in long term :)           

Sold the following sets on the weekend...not bad for a small time reseller/investor.  Didn't have exact shipping boxes for 'irregular shape' sets like Camper and Gungan Sub so had to do some custom shipping box cutting.  Adds some work to the process but I don't have enough of these sets or similar sizes to bulk buy exact shipping boxes for value. 

After fees and shipping costs:  $103 Gungan Sub (9499)...kinda of a dud, glad only 1 left.  $200 VW TI Camper (10220)...surprised.  $90 Mars Rover...been selling about 1 a week so far, will have to slowly raise listing price soon as stock dwindles by holiday season.  I'm don't have patience to hold for potential +$150, let other investors cash in long term :)           

Makes absolute sense. You can also keep it too long.

Last week I sold 8 Research Institutes to Canadian buyers.

- 5 on ebay to the same buyer, $60 each + shipping.

- 3 over a local selling form, $160 + shipping.

Sold a Mars Rover today for $80US + shipping to test the waters. I posed another 5 at $95US each this morning. Cheapest price in Canada. :)

I'm saving only 1 of each long term right now. Like most others, want to recover a few funds. :)