What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

This was an 80 pound lot I just picked up cheap. No instructions, few minifigs. It looked to be from the late 90s to early 2000s. I just washed it and a boxed it and am selling as is. I'm getting a little over $7.25 per pound shipped. I'll take that, and not spend the time sorting colors.

I only rarely sort out bulk lots like this one by color when I sell them. If it's a lot that I've sorted to build sets from than sure, sell each color/style by itself, otherwise I don't spend the time. I did pull out all the mini figures and any rare pieces and will sell the mini figs as their own lot, minus a couple rare ones that I will sell individually and the few that I wanted to hang on to.

I try to treat each lot individually and maintain a pile of less than 100 pounds at any given time. Otherwise they do have a tendency to take over.

• Like 2

This was an 80 pound lot I just picked up cheap. No instructions, few minifigs. It looked to be from the late 90s to early 2000s. I just washed it and a boxed it and am selling as is. I'm getting a little over $7.25 per pound shipped. I'll take that, and not spend the time sorting colors.

I only rarely sort out bulk lots like this one by color when I sell them. If it's a lot that I've sorted to build sets from than sure, sell each color/style by itself, otherwise I don't spend the time. I did pull out all the mini figures and any rare pieces and will sell the mini figs as their own lot, minus a couple rare ones that I will sell individually and the few that I wanted to hang on to.

I try to treat each lot individually and maintain a pile of less than 100 pounds at any given time. Otherwise they do have a tendency to take over.

how do you know and how can you tell which ones are rare?

so with the rare ones, you sell them individually? at bricklink? at ebay?

how do you know and how can you tell which ones are rare?

so with the rare ones, you sell them individually? at bricklink? at ebay?

Buy and sort a few thousand pounds of bulk over three or four years and things start to pop out at you. Especially with the mini figures. I sell primarily on eBay.
  • Like 1

I hear ya.  I'm nearing 100 lbs in my garage right now, purely by accident.  I've got to start moving that inventory and freeing things up.

I've been buying bulks sets when I see something in there I can pull (sets, minifigs, rare pieces - much like you described).  I'm also sorting through the bulk, though, because I'm also in the process of putting together somewhere near 20 different sets (Grand Carousel, Winter Village Toy Shop for example).  So there's utility in sorting out in the colors for me, right now.

Thanks for the advice.  That really helps me narrow down what I want/need to do.

sold another couple Catwoman Catcycle City Chase, $25 cash locally and $39 online.  My son built one set, nice set especially if you bought at $9-$14 or lower...($15.99 CAN retail) two good minifigs, some parts and a cycle.  Plus you can never have enough newspapers and diamonds :)   

Just sold a used but complete 7199 Indiana jones temple of doom for $167 shipped. I bought it off of eBay five weeks ago for $84 shipped. The buyer is only one state away, so shipping won't be too bad. After fees and shipping I should clear $50 profit. These are the types of quick flips that I enjoy.

• Like 2

Just sold a used but complete 7199 Indiana jones temple of doom for $167 shipped. I bought it off of eBay five weeks ago for $84 shipped. The buyer is only one state away, so shipping won't be too bad. After fees and shipping I should clear $50 profit. These are the types of quick flips that I enjoy.

Well, if you find another I'll gladly pay $175 if it has a decent box.  :pleasantry:

Wish I knew you were in the market for one. I would have much rather sold it to a fellow BP (and saved on the fees of course). I'll keep on the lookout for another one.

That's shipped, of course, but we could work something out. :)  Anyway, I'm on the lookout for a Temple of Doom.